0.79: Keyboard shortcuts "fast image scrolling" missing

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

deus-ex

0.79: Keyboard shortcuts "fast image scrolling" missing

Post by deus-ex »

Support to define keyboard shortcuts for "fast image scrolling" appears to be absent. I'm referring to the (hardcoded) shortcuts [Ctrl+Shft+ArrowKeys] in classic XnView. Is this planned to be added later on?
helmut

Re: [v0.79]: Keyboard shortcuts "fast image scrolling" miss

Post by helmut »

This feature of XnView Classic is still missing in XnView MP v0.84. I've just added it to the list of missing features.
deus-ex

Re: 0.79: Keyboard shortcuts "fast image scrolling" missing

Post by deus-ex »

Thank you Helmut.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

O.k., thank you, I can also reproduce the problem. Issue 1231 is fixed in next version.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.87. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

Indeed "fast image scrolling" functionality is now available, thank you for that. Unfortunately it does not work yet as expected:
  1. "fast image scrolling" does not behave like in XnView Classic, the scrolling steps are way to huge. The image abruptly scrolls to the image borders in just one step, zooming into an image deep enough increases the fast scrolling to two steps. The amount of scrolled pixels is way to high for the function to be controllable, thus currently rendering it unusable.

2. The shortcut key for "fast image scrolling" in v0.87 is [Ctrl+Shft+Arrowkeys]. However the expected shortcut is [Shft+Arrowkeys], like it is in XnView Classic.

3. The "fast image scrolling" shortcut is not documented anywhere (program interface, manual, whatsnew.txt).

4. "fast image scrolling" is not available in the shortcut configuration menu, and thus cannot be changed to individual preferences.

5. The amount of pixels/percent of image to be fast scrolled cannot be configured. This should be added, similar to the zoom function.
EDIT: I withdraw request No. 2 because I confused the correct shortcut layout (as discussed in my next post below).
Last edited by deus-ex on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

deus-ex wrote:
  1. "fast image scrolling" does not behave like in XnView Classic, the scrolling steps are way to huge. The image abruptly scrolls to the image borders in just one step, zooming into an image deep enough increases the fast scrolling to two steps. The amount of scrolled pixels is way to high for the function to be controllable, thus currently rendering it unusable.
It's the same as XnView Classic, the scroll is by page
[*]The shortcut key for "fast image scrolling" in v0.87 is [Ctrl+Shft+Arrowkeys]. However the expected shortcut is [Shft+Arrowkeys], like it is in XnView Classic.
You have asked for [Ctrl+Shft+Arrowkeys] :) so i change it?
Pierre.
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

xnview wrote:It's the same as XnView Classic, the scroll is by page
Dear Pierre, because of your reply I just rechecked with XnView Classic v2.41:
  • In View mode the fast scrolling step indeed is per page.
  • In Fullscreen mode the fast scrolling step behaves differently, it is much finer and controllable.
I wasn't aware that the XnView Classic shorcut [Ctrl-Shft-Arrowkeys] for fast scrolling behaves differently in View mode and Fullscreen mode. I'm definitely looking for the finer and controllable fast scrolling used in XnView Classic's Fullscreen mode.

xnview wrote:You have asked for [Ctrl+Shft+Arrowkeys] :) so i change it?
I also rechecked this with XnView Classic v2.41:
  • [Shift-Arrow-Up/Down] does work to fast scroll up/down.
  • [Shft+Arrow-Left/Right] does NOT work to fast scroll left/right, because that is already the shortcut to rotate an image 90 degrees left/right.
Conclusion: The correct shortcut for fast scrolling indeed must be [Ctrl+Shft+Arrowkeys] as per my initial request. Please excuse the confusion, it was not intended. :)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ok, i'll fix that
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.88. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

I confirm that this problem is fixed in XnView MP 0.88. Thank you.