0.83: Fit image to window / cmd_fitAll

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

karnak

0.83: Fit image to window / cmd_fitAll

Post by karnak »

When I browse images in fullscreen mode sometimes there is an image that is bigger then my screen size.

My default setting is Fit image to window, large only.

When I press * and then press / the Fit image to window, large only setting is lost when switching to the next image.

Also, pressing the / key override custom shortcut key and always go back to be assigned to Fit image to window cmd_fitAll.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.83: Fit image to window / cmd_fitAll

Post by xnview »

you would like that by going to next picture, the global setting is used, and the "temporary" ''/' Fit image to window, right?
Pierre.
karnak

Post by karnak »

I would like that by going to next picture, the default setting (Fit image to window, large only in my case) is used.

In my opinion the / key and * key should be used together with + key and - key as a temporary way to inspect a single image and revert back to the default behavior the moment you go to the next picture.
helmut

Post by helmut »

I agree with karnak and can confirm this bug:
Keyboard actions (+ - / *) for zooming should apply temporarily, only, and not change the zoom setting. "/" should be assigned to a new command "cmd_zoomFitImageToWindow".

Note: In XnView Classic, keyboard actions for zooming don't change the auto zoom setting. (correct)

:arrow: Reproduced
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

O.k., thank you, I can also reproduce the problem. Issue 1240 is fixed in next version.
Pierre.
karnak

Post by karnak »

Thank you.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.87. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
HanVroon

Post by HanVroon »

Tested with 0.87.beta 3, partly fixed in my opinion.

My test setup:
Five files, in Browser mode, first two 21MP photos, then a small crop (150x150 pixels), then two 21MP photos again.

First reproduced with version 0.86.
Opened the first image, pressed * to enlarge and then / to fit again. Pressed next file several times and saw that the crop was enlarged, not shown in real size (smaller that the View window). Going forth and back with multiple Next and Previous presses, the crop stays enlarged.

Tested with 0.87 beta 3.
Opened the first image, pressed * to enlarge and then / to fit again. Pressed next file several times and saw that the crop was not shown enlarged, so this is fixed.

But:
Opened the image just before the crop, so not two files before the crop, pressed * to enlarge and then / to fit again. Now press Next to show the small crop file, it will show enlarged to fit the window. Not correct.
Pressing Next again to get past the crop file and then Previous, now the cropped file is shown correct (small).
It also happens when opening the file just after the cropped small image and then pressing Previous. The croppend file will show enlarged. And again, when pressing Previous again to get before the crop file and then Next, the crop file is shown correct again (small).
HanVroon

Post by HanVroon »

Administrative note: still like last comment in 0.87 final