Linux Cinnamon, ver. 0.84 color renderings in selection box

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

bobbyb444

Linux Cinnamon, ver. 0.84 color renderings in selection box

Post by bobbyb444 »

Linux ver. 18.1

When selecting a portion of a picture for editing (i.e., drawing a box around a section of a photo to perform an edit), thereafter selecting or manipulating the feature, while one is editing this box, the edit is sometimes applied to the ENTIRE picture, and not just retained within the box.

For example, say I would like to edit the facial colors or "temperature" of a subject's face for clarity, I would draw a box to outline the face, click on enhance colors//temperature//and use the slider to control the temp. However, in doing so, the resulting temperature is applied to the underlying entire picture, as well as to the targeted box. Thus, if I choose a softer pink for the face, the clothing beneath turns pink as well.

Thanks again for a very serious program!!
helmut

Re: Linux Cinnamon, ver. 0.84 color renderings in selection

Post by helmut »

Thank you for your bug report, bobbyb444. Please use the bug report template when reporting new bugs, see http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=27835.

Your bug reports refers to "Image » Adjust » Enhance colours | Temperature". I could reproduce this on Windows 7 with 0.85 beta 2.

:arrow: Reproduced.

Related bug reports:
- 0.84: "Shadow" & "Conbright" don't respect selection
- 0.84: Viewer: Add Noise filter does not respect the mask
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Linux Cinnamon, ver. 0.84 color renderings in selection box

Post by xnview »

O.k., thank you, I can also reproduce the problem. Issue 1211 is fixed in next version.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Linux Cinnamon, ver. 0.84 color renderings in selection box

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.87. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.