0.86: Create "joing images", "Multipage", etc. based on DNG ignoring the embedded preview

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

cadu

0.86: Create "joing images", "Multipage", etc. based on DNG ignoring the embedded preview

Post by cadu »

Hi,

Since my "settings>view>camera raw use embedded preview" is selected, I was expecting that any output based on DNG files from menu "create" (joing images, multipage, etc.) would be using the embedded preview to generated those outputs.
However, the outputs are generated are based on the raw file without any adjustments.
I tried this process using similar tools in FastStone viewer, which considers the embedded preview to generated its outputs, what I consider the correct behavior.
Could you please inform if XnView functionalities under menu "create" can be used based on the DNG embedded preview, instead of raw?
I'm expecting XnView could work as FastStone Viewer.
Otherwise, it may be a bug which is happening with XnView.
I recorded my screen showing the issue: https://goo.gl/S6xOLi

Thanks!
Carlos_Cadu
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.86: Create "joing images", "Multipage", etc. based on DNG ignoring the embedded preview

Post by xnview »

O.k., thank you, I can also reproduce the problem. Issue 1265 is fixed in next version.
Pierre.
cadu

Re: 0.86: Create "joing images", "Multipage", etc. based on DNG ignoring the embedded preview

Post by cadu »

Thanks Pierre!
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.87. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.