Contact sheet: Save, Show option and Output folder

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

HanVroon

Contact sheet: Save, Show option and Output folder

Post by HanVroon »

These are suggestions, not real bugs, but they belong to the introduction of Contact sheet.

In Classic the contact sheet pages would open in new tabs and no files would be created unless you would manually save them.
In MP files are created per sheet, and they have to be manually opened after creation. That's absolutely OK, MP isn't a copy of Classic.
I know that there is a preview now (not in Classic), but would't it be nice to have an option "Open sheet(s) after creation"? I mention sheet(s) instead of sheet, depending if there will be more than one sheet created.

If I start with fresh xnview.ini and forget to fill in the Output folder, nothing is created as far as I can see (checked my C: and D:, couldn't find a Sheet_0000.jpg.
Maybe a message should appear telling the user to fill in the Output folder?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Contact sheet: Save, Show option and Output folder

Post by xnview »

ok, but not for this release
Pierre.
HanVroon

Post by HanVroon »

Hi Pierre,

While testing beta 3 (with new [CSheet] section in the ini, so no settings, I fooled myself again forgetting to select an output folder.
With 60 thumbs selected, you first wait for a long time, then no output is created.

So I reconsider: I think the output folder path check is not a wish, but the lack of checking is a bug.
Imagine the users downloading 0.85, using the new Contact sheet function, without selecting the output folder...
helmut

Post by helmut »

@Pierre: The behaviour if output folder isn't specified is annoying and unexpected and therefore a serious bug. This should be fixed before releasing 0.85 final. The other suggestions can be postponed and handled as suggestions.

@HanVroon: Could you please create a seperate bug report for the empty output folder and place it in "Tested - Not fixed"?
HanVroon

Post by HanVroon »

OK, did that.
helmut

Post by helmut »

HanVroon wrote:OK, did that.
Cool, thank you! From what I can see it's already in Pierre's bug fixing pipeline... :)

For the remaining suggestion(s) you or a moderator could change the topic title and make it match the suggestion. Then, this topic can be moved to "Suggestions". Alterantively you just create a new and clean topic in "Suggestions" and we close this one.
HanVroon

Post by HanVroon »

OK, sugestion added (http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=35283), so this topic can be closed I think.
helmut

Post by helmut »

HanVroon wrote:OK, sugestion added (http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=35283), so this topic can be closed I think.
O.k., thank you.

:arrow: Closed