Memory Leak with SlideShow on WM5

Discussions on XnView for PocketPC

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ohaak

Memory Leak with SlideShow on WM5

Post by ohaak »

Hi,

there seems to be a memory leak or something like that, if I try to use XnView slideshow feature with severall bigger images on my Pocket LOOX N560 (VGA resolution) with WM 5.

After displaying severall images quite correct XnView will sooner or later crash - seems to run out of memory. I will start with round about 30 MB free RAM which should be quite sufficient for the task.

Any idea?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Memory Leak with SlideShow on WM5

Post by xnview »

ohaak wrote:Hi,

there seems to be a memory leak or something like that, if I try to use XnView slideshow feature with severall bigger images on my Pocket LOOX N560 (VGA resolution) with WM 5.

After displaying severall images quite correct XnView will sooner or later crash - seems to run out of memory. I will start with round about 30 MB free RAM which should be quite sufficient for the task.

Any idea?
Which resolution in pixels have your pictures?
Pierre.
ohaak

Re: Memory Leak with SlideShow on WM5

Post by ohaak »

xnview wrote:Which resolution in pixels have your pictures?
Well - that differs quite a lot. Some of them might be unusual big for a PPC with round about 1600x1200 pixels, but mostly they are smaller - below 1000 pixels in both directions.

I've some pictures that I use to have on my PC and on my PPC - thats the reason why I haven't converted them to my PPC's screen resolution.

Probably that's to much, to hold all of them in memory, but that shouldn't be necessary for a slideshow, as far as I can see it.