Can't run XnView, suddenly quits

Discussions on XnView for PocketPC

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Cardon

Post by Cardon »

I have an HP Jornada 525. with SH3 Processor & Windows CE V3.0. Downloaded XnView SH3 EXE version and installed with no problems. When I downloaded some pictures and try to open them with the program, it suddenly quits. Any idea what's wrong??

Please help....
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Can't run XnView, suddenly quits

Post by xnview »

Cardon wrote:I have an HP Jornada 525. with SH3 Processor & Windows CE V3.0. Downloaded XnView SH3 EXE version and installed with no problems. When I downloaded some pictures and try to open them with the program, it suddenly quits. Any idea what's wrong??

Please help....
And you can't start it again??
Pierre.
Cardon

Post by Cardon »

Hi Pierre.
Every time you try to restart the program does the same thing. The only way to start the program is to remove the pictures, in other words the program start as long no pictures are in the PocketPC. I have tried different pictures but keep doing the same thing.

Thanks
Frank
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Cardon wrote:Hi Pierre.
Every time you try to restart the program does the same thing. The only way to start the program is to remove the pictures, in other words the program start as long no pictures are in the PocketPC. I have tried different pictures but keep doing the same thing.
And if you try to browser a folder without picture, or only few??
Pierre.
Cardon

Post by Cardon »

Hi Pierre

The program open but when you browse a folder or browse CF and you go to the folder where the pictures are stored, the program just quits. I have tried with just one picture and with several in diferent folders with the same results. If I remove the .jpg association with Xnview the pictures open fine in Explorer.

It is a very nice viewer, hope this can be fixed...

Thanks
Frank
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Cardon wrote:Hi Pierre

The program open but when you browse a folder or browse CF and you go to the folder where the pictures are stored, the program just quits. I have tried with just one picture and with several in diferent folders with the same results. If I remove the .jpg association with Xnview the pictures open fine in Explorer.

It is a very nice viewer, hope this can be fixed...
And if you have png or bmp picture?
Pierre.
Cardon

Post by Cardon »

Hi Pierre

Yes, I have bpm and gif, all with the same result. When you browse the folder where the pictures are saved, the program quits.

Regards

Frank
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Cardon wrote:Hi Pierre

Yes, I have bpm and gif, all with the same result. When you browse the folder where the pictures are saved, the program quits.
And if you have only 1 png file in the folder??
Pierre.
Cardon

Post by Cardon »

Hi Pierre:

I don't have any png pictures, but I have tried with different folders and with one or many pictures (jpg, bmp, gif) on them, and still the same problem.
I have installed the program in main memory, removed and installed on the storage card still the same result.

Regards

Frank
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Cardon wrote:Hi Pierre:

I don't have any png pictures, but I have tried with different folders and with one or many pictures (jpg, bmp, gif) on them, and still the same problem.
I have installed the program in main memory, removed and installed on the storage card still the same result.
Please try with a folder with only 1 file (bmp for example).
Pierre.
Cardon

Post by Cardon »

Hi Pierre:

The same thing, I opened a new folder copied a single bmp file, opened the program, browsed to the folder and once is on that folder the program quits. If there is no picture in the folder the program remains open, but once a picture is in the folder the program quits.

Regards

Frank
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Cardon wrote:Hi Pierre:

The same thing, I opened a new folder copied a single bmp file, opened the program, browsed to the folder and once is on that folder the program quits. If there is no picture in the folder the program remains open, but once a picture is in the folder the program quits.
Ok, please contact me by email!
Pierre.