Suggestion: User based Options

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Dirk

Suggestion: User based Options

Post by Dirk »

Hi guys !

First, your tool is great !!! (But a little constructive criticism doesn't hurt, does it :wink: ?)
The subject says it all ...

I tried to use XnView with Windows XP (Installed as Administrator - used by all users). I quickly found that only administrators can save options.

This is not surprising, since the options are stored in an .ini-file in the program directory (where only administrators have write access).

Please consider to either use user based ini-files (stored in the users' profiles directory) or saving options into the HCU branch of the registry.
Clo
XnThusiast

Possible in the Registry

Post by Clo »

:) Hello Dirk !
- It's possible to save the options in the Registry : Options >> Install >> Use registry to save options

:mrgreen: V G
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Suggestion: User based Options

Post by xnview »

Dirk wrote:First, your tool is great !!! (But a little constructive criticism doesn't hurt, does it :wink: ?)
The subject says it all ...
I tried to use XnView with Windows XP (Installed as Administrator - used by all users). I quickly found that only administrators can save options.
This is not surprising, since the options are stored in an .ini-file in the program directory (where only administrators have write access).
Please consider to either use user based ini-files (stored in the users' profiles directory) or saving options into the HCU branch of the registry.
You can do that, options/install/use registry
Pierre.