Remembering image position in browser

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

tengler

Remembering image position in browser

Post by tengler »

When I select a picture in browser mode and open it fullscreen in viewer, then go several pictures forward or backward and then go to browser again (Enter or Esc key) ... then the selection remains on the original picture. It would be great to have the selection on the last picture viewed. For example if I find it useful to do something with a particular picture, then I must find it within thumbnails by myself.
Martin Tengler
helmut

Re: Remembering image position in browser

Post by helmut »

tengler wrote:When I select a picture in browser mode and open it fullscreen in viewer, then go several pictures forward or backward and then go to browser again (Enter or Esc key) ... then the selection remains on the original picture. It would be great to have the selection on the last picture viewed. For example if I find it useful to do something with a particular picture, then I must find it within thumbnails by myself.
I think your suggestion is more a bug report: There is an option "Synchronize Browser selection with current View" in Options, category "Browser" which should do what you expect. I've just tried it out and found that it does not work. I think this is a bug.

PS: Thank you for splitting up your posts in several topics.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Re: Remembering image position in browser

Post by Dreamer »

helmut wrote:There is an option "Synchronize Browser selection with current View" in Options, category "Browser" which should do what you expect. I've just tried it out and found that it does not work. I think this is a bug.
It works here, strange.

BTW - I think, it should be enabled by default.
Dreamer