Find similar files: remember "Use extension" setting

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

bunghead

Find similar files: remember "Use extension" setting

Post by bunghead »

Please have the program remember if "Use extension" was unticked the last time the "Find similar files" function was used.

I use the function a lot, and I have to untick it every single time. (Using XnView for Windows v2.32.)

Also, I suggest a rephrasing to "Ignore match if extension differs", or something like that, to give the user a better idea what the checkbox does. That is what it does, right.....?
helmut

Re: Find similar files: remember "Use extension" setting

Post by helmut »

bunghead wrote:Please have the program remember if "Use extension" was unticked the last time the "Find similar files" function was used.

I use the function a lot, and I have to untick it every single time. (Using XnView for Windows v2.32.)
Makes sense that XnView remembers the last setting.
bunghead wrote:Also, I suggest a rephrasing to "Ignore match if extension differs", or something like that, to give the user a better idea what the checkbox does. That is what it does, right.....?
Perhaps a simple "Same file extension" would be clearer. Perhaps this setting should even go into the "Method" panel. And talking about labels: "Compare method" would be more meaningful than just "Method".