Addons/Plugins/...

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: helmut, XnTriq, xnview

Re: Addons/Plugins/...

Postby Peter2 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:15 am

Hi

I can confirm that neither XnShell nor XnView show some reaction and it is not clear if it did something or not - and if it did something, what?

So yes, it would be fine if it would be fixed.

Peter
XnView 2.35 German, Win 7 x64 Prof.
User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

Re: Addons/Plugins/...

Postby Themis » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:16 pm

I almost wrote the blp plugin.(.usr) But I was stopped by these features.
  • 1.XnView correctly opens [BLP1 JPEG & BLP2 dxt] itself, incorrectly opens [BLP2 paletted & BLP2 uncompressed] itself, and sends to plugin [BLP1 paletted & BLP2 JPEG]
  • 2.When save 32-bit picture XnView shows "Save as - Colour mode..." and doesn't want to call any plugin's functions.(24-bits images properly saves)
  • 3.When save 8-bit paletted picture, XnView sets has_colormap=false (gfpSavePictureIsSupported) and cmap (gfpSavePicturePutColormap) as pointer to zeroed data block.
User avatar
Themis
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Addons/Plugins/...

Postby Mixer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:44 am

Why XnView Classic CAN open images from NTFS hard links, but SDK's function LoadBitmap() CAN'T load bitmap when I provide NTFS hard link as name? With all my genius ideas about creating crutch XnView prefers to limp.
Mixer
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:24 am

Re: Addons/Plugins/...

Postby xnview » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:40 am

Mixer wrote:Why XnView Classic CAN open images from NTFS hard links, but SDK's function LoadBitmap() CAN'T load bitmap when I provide NTFS hard link as name? With all my genius ideas about creating crutch XnView prefers to limp.

how do you open the hard link in XnView? PM doesn't work with you email...
Pierre.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
 
Posts: 26777
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Addons/Plugins/...

Postby Themis » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:07 am

RE: PM
I have.
blppluginxn104.zip
(257.89 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Last edited by Themis on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
Themis
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Addons/Plugins/...

Postby Themis » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Samples
Attachments
op.zip
(907.7 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Last edited by Themis on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Themis
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Addons/Plugins/...

Postby Mixer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:50 pm

xnview wrote:
Mixer wrote:Why XnView Classic CAN open images from NTFS hard links, but SDK's function LoadBitmap() CAN'T load bitmap when I provide NTFS hard link as name? With all my genius ideas about creating crutch XnView prefers to limp.

how do you open the hard link in XnView? PM doesn't work with you email...

If you're asking how do I open hard link, then I assume you know how to create them.
And I'm opening them in very simple way, by choosing menu File->Open..., picking hard link to image file and clicking [Open] button. Or if hard link has any extension associated with XnView, I can just doubleclick it in Windows Explorer.
P.S. your PM worked, but I think PM's are not sent until recipient is logged in on forum.
Mixer
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:24 am

Re: Addons/Plugins/...

Postby xnview » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:38 pm

Mixer wrote:
xnview wrote:
Mixer wrote:Why XnView Classic CAN open images from NTFS hard links, but SDK's function LoadBitmap() CAN'T load bitmap when I provide NTFS hard link as name? With all my genius ideas about creating crutch XnView prefers to limp.

how do you open the hard link in XnView? PM doesn't work with you email...

If you're asking how do I open hard link, then I assume you know how to create them.
And I'm opening them in very simple way, by choosing menu File->Open..., picking hard link to image file and clicking [Open] button. Or if hard link has any extension associated with XnView, I can just doubleclick it in Windows Explorer.
P.S. your PM worked, but I think PM's are not sent until recipient is logged in on forum.

i've sent a PM
Pierre.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
 
Posts: 26777
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Previous

Return to Classic - General Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest