I have a collection of SVG files, which I was hoping to view and manage with XnView.
I unpacked the file http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/cs_svg.zip
in XnView “PlugIns” subdirectory. I closed and restarted XnView. Problem
: Unfortunately XnView does not seem to interoperate with CadSoftTools’ SVG plug-in:
- In XnView main menu bar, when clicking on “Info -> Plug-Ins Information…”, the CS_SVG.dll file does not appear in the list of plug-ins.
- When I try to open an SVG file with XnView, the error message “Format of the file <filename> could not be determined” pops up.
- As instructed in CadSoftTools’ ReadMe.txt file, I made sure that there was no CADImage.dll file in XnView PlugIns subdirectory.
- Beside the SVG plug-in, I also tried to unpack CadSoftTools' CGM (CS_CGM.dll), DWG (CS_DWG.dll), DXF (CS_DXF.dll) and HPGL (CS_HPGL.dll) plug-ins in XnView PlugIns subdirectory.
After restarting XnView and clicking on XnView main menu “Info -> Plug-Ins Information…”, only the plug-ins CS_DWG.dll, CS_DXF.dll and CS_HPGL.dll appear in the plug-in list. CS_CGM.dll and CS_SVG.dll did not appear at all in the plug-in list.
- I did read the thread http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=3793. Unfortunately, I could not find anything that would explain/resolve the problem.
1) Is there another way to display SVG files in XnView?
2) If not, is there a fix for the above problem?Suggestion
: When XnView fails to interoperate with a DLL located in the PlugIns subdirectory, it would be helpful to have XnView show the DLL in the “Plug-Ins Information” list with an error message in the “Copyright” field describing what the problem is. That way the user would at least be informed that XnView has attempted to load the DLL and why it failed.Configuration
- Windows 2000 SP4
- XnView 1.96.1
- CS_CGM.dll version 126.96.36.199
- CS_DWG.dll version 188.8.131.52
- CS_DXF.dll version 184.108.40.206
- CS_HPGL.dll version 220.127.116.11
- CS_SVG.dll version 18.104.22.168