XnView Shell Extension

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by xnview »

Philip Goddard wrote:The shell extension hasn't been working for me for ages now - I see now that it's probably because of my change over to x64 Windows 7 some time ago. I've now attempted to install the 64-bit shell extension, after successfully unregistering the 32-bit version, but attempts to register the 64-bit version using the bat file (contents: regsvr32 "XnViewShellExt64.dll")just get an error message, telling me that the dll had been loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer had failed, with error code 0x80070005 - so I'm still without XnShell function. I'm currently using Win8 x64.
Do you have tried to install VS 2008 crt?
Pierre.
de2apandi

Post by de2apandi »

First I held up two thumbs up for XnView Shell Extension

my question, why XnView Shell Extension doesn't support unicode file name??

thank you in advance :D
sorry for my bad english
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

de2apandi wrote: my question, why XnView Shell Extension doesn't support unicode file name??
yes i must support unicode...
Pierre.
smaragdus

Post by smaragdus »

Hi there,

I have been using XnView for years together with XnView Shell Extension on my XP x32 laptop. Now I got a new one with pre-installed 8 x64. I installed XnView version 2.00 with the Shell Extension box ticked but XnView Shell Extension did not show up in the context menu. Then I installed the XnView Shell Extension version 3.4.0 separately with the same result. Only when I installed XnView Shell Extension version 3.4.0 x64 the shell extension appeared in the context menu. So I would like to warn that (at least in my case) XnView 2.00 (which, as far as I know, has only a x32 version) does not install XnView Shell Extension properly on x64 systems and XnView Shell Extension x64 version should be installed separately.

Pierre, you are doing a great job!

Regards,

Asen
muel2002

Feature request: automatic overwrite of converted files

Post by muel2002 »

I'm currently using 'Image Resizer 3', which can be really slow to load. However I really want to use this program instead as it would be faster if it offered the facility described.

Currently, it can only create a new folder for the converted files to be saved into, or automatically give the new converted files a modified name so they don't overwrite the files being converted.
lownote

Post by lownote »

First of all I want to say how muck I love XnView Shell. I use it all the time for batch conversions. THANK YOU

Is it possible to have XnView available in the an upload dialog box as well windows explorer.

I post a lot of content to websites using browser based upload dialog box (joomla and wordpress CMS) and would love to be able to reduce files if they are too big before uploading. When I right click in the dialog box I see other shell options but not Xn.

It would also be really cool to convert PDF to JPG or other format. Don't need to convert to PDF, just from.

Thanks!
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Thanks...
lownote wrote: Is it possible to have XnView available in the an upload dialog box as well windows explorer.

I post a lot of content to websites using browser based upload dialog box (joomla and wordpress CMS) and would love to be able to reduce files if they are too big before uploading. When I right click in the dialog box I see other shell options but not Xn.
could you make a screenshot?
It would also be really cool to convert PDF to JPG or other format. Don't need to convert to PDF, just from.
You can if oyu install ghostscript
Pierre.
lownote

Post by lownote »

Thanks for the reply.

Here's the screenshot. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4agd55et4x84e ... wshell.jpg

I'm in firefox, using joomla (or any web form that has an upload button for an image).

The dialog box has other shell options when right clicking on the image in the dialog, but xnshell is not there. I'm guessing there's a registry hack to add it to the browser dialog box.

This would save me many steps everyday.

Also, can you tell me more about the PDF convert option. I install ghostscript and then what?

Thanks again.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

lownote wrote: I'm in firefox, using joomla (or any web form that has an upload button for an image).

The dialog box has other shell options when right clicking on the image in the dialog, but xnshell is not there. I'm guessing there's a registry hack to add it to the browser dialog box.
Ok, i'll check
Also, can you tell me more about the PDF convert option. I install ghostscript and then what?
install ghostscript, that's all :)
Pierre.
starstuff

Post by starstuff »

hello xnview community!

i like to report a gui bug for xnview shell extension, tested v3.4 and current v3.5 on win 7, the alignment is not the same with the other context menu, causing a space before the xnview shell icon, and also makes the other context menu icons to have a space after their respective icons. kindly see attached image. thank you for you great context menu!
Attachments
xnshell misaligned icon
xnshell misaligned icon
xnshell_prob.jpg (17.85 KiB) Viewed 13433 times
vidosick

Post by vidosick »

64bit XnShellEx (3.5.0) is installed in C: \ Program Files (x86) \ XnView \ ShellEx. Is this normal? And I do not see the preview in Total Commander(32bit), only in Exporer (( 32bit version XnShellEx shows the preview in a Total Commander(32bit) & Exporer OK!
Is there any possibility to make an option to preview media files: .mov, .mp4, .avi, .flv, .mkv, .mpg, .vob, .m2p, m2v, .m2t (...) & audio files? This is necessary when working with the footages.
Thanks for a great product! :)
my system: Win7x64bit(pro_sp1) on HP Z800
VictorVG

Post by VictorVG »

The problem is simple - Inno Setup stub is 32-nit applications, and if on 64-bit operating system, it is a redirect on a 32-bit path. I specifically put restrictions flags and a direct indication of the way to turn it off.. :} I just update installation script:

Code: Select all

[Setup]
AppName=XnView Shell Extension
AppVerName=XnView Shell Extension 3.5.0 (64bits)
AppVersion=3.5.0
AppPublisher=Gougelet Pierre-e
AppPublisherURL=http://www.xnview.com
DefaultDirName={pf64}\XnView\ShellEx
DefaultGroupName=XnView
OutputBaseFilename=XnShellEx64
Compression=lzma2
ChangesAssociations=yes
LicenseFile=embedded\License.txt
WizardImageFile=embedded\WizardImage.bmp
WizardSmallImageFile=embedded\WizardSmallImage.bmp
ArchitecturesInstallIn64BitMode=x64
MinVersion=0,5.02
ArchitecturesAllowed=x64

[Files]
Source: "{app}\ReadMe.txt"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion 64bit
Source: "{app}\XnViewShellExt64.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: regserver uninsrestartdelete ignoreversion 64bit
Source: "{app}\XnViewShellExt.lng"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion 64bit
Source: "{app}\website.url"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: 64bit

[Icons]
Name: "{group}\XnView - Homepage"; Filename: "{app}\website.url"; 
Name: "{group}\XnView Shell Extension uninstall"; Filename: "{app}\unins000.exe"; 

[CustomMessages]
default.NameAndVersion=%1 version %2
default.AdditionalIcons=Additional icons:
default.CreateDesktopIcon=Create a &desktop icon
default.CreateQuickLaunchIcon=Create a &Quick Launch icon
default.ProgramOnTheWeb=%1 on the Web
default.UninstallProgram=Uninstall %1
default.LaunchProgram=Launch %1
default.AssocFileExtension=&Associate %1 with the %2 file extension
default.AssocingFileExtension=Associating %1 with the %2 file extension...

[Languages]
; These files are stubs
; To achieve better results after recompilation, use the real language files
Name: "default"; MessagesFile: "embedded\default.isl"; 

[ThirdParty]
UseRelativePaths=True
and recompile use Inno Setup 5.5.4 Unicode - http://rghost.ru/49386470 (available up to 12.11.2013 ... if not sooner will beat with fear. :) Please double-check it - I have not written on the Inno Setup - use NSIS, Inno Setup but I still remember.
Xeon E5 2697v2/C602/128 GB PC3-14900L Quad Channel/GTX 1660 Ti/9 Tb HDD
Xeon E5-2697v2/C602J/128 Gb PC3-14900L Quad Channel/GTX 1660 Ti/7Tb HDD
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

VictorVG wrote:The problem is simple - Inno Setup stub is 32-nit applications, and if on 64-bit operating system, it is a redirect on a 32-bit path. I specifically put restrictions flags and a direct indication of the way to turn it off.. :} I just update installation script:

Code: Select all

ArchitecturesInstallIn64BitMode=x64
ArchitecturesAllowed=x64
Is it the change?
Pierre.
EUFolk

Post by EUFolk »

Where can I download archive versions of XnShell? The new one, unfortunately no longer has the sub-menu with the thumbnail size, and going to preferences every time to switch thumbnail size is very annoying. Please bring it back.
Still on 2.9. :(((
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Please,

XnShell must support for disaling thumbnail based on Image Resolution.

We already have in XnShell the "no thumbnail for file size greater than" ....So we need a similar option added to be able to block image resolution

file: PNG
image resolution: 1247 x 32124 :shock:

My Windows Explorer (with XnShell installed) had a long freeze of about 8 minutes trying to read an 1247 x 32124 resolution image file - when it should not try to read it

I hope this issue can be addressed soon in future.
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only