Print 50+ images from command line

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

maximn
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:14 am

Print 50+ images from command line

Postby maximn » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:15 am

hello,

is it possible to print many images at once? now i'm getting an app crash when i try to print 50+ files using "xnview /print file1 file2 .. file50"

cday
XnThusiast
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Cheltenham, U.K.

Re: print 50+ images

Postby cday » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:51 am

maximn wrote:Is it possible to print many images at once? I'm getting an app crash when I try to print 50+ files using "xnview /print file1 file2 .. file50"

Are you able to print single files that way?

I'm not very familiar with the XnView Classic command line options, but I see that the available options are listed in Info > Command line help... and I don't see a print option listed, also the options shown are of the from -xxxxxx rather than /xxxxxx...

If I'm missing something, the problem may be that with many files listed you are exceeding the maximum permitted number of characters on the command line, in which case you may be able to use a filelist as an alternative, which can be created using Browser > Create > File Listing...

maximn
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:14 am

Re: print 50+ images

Postby maximn » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:59 am

cday wrote:
maximn wrote:Is it possible to print many images at once? I'm getting an app crash when I try to print 50+ files using "xnview /print file1 file2 .. file50"

Are you able to print single files that way?

I'm not very familiar with the XnView Classic command line options, but I see that the available options are listed in Info > Command line help... and I don't see a print option listed, also the options shown are of the from -xxxxxx rather than /xxxxxx...

If I'm missing something, the problem may be that with many files listed you are exceeding the maximum permitted number of characters on the command line, in which case you may be able to use a filelist as an alternative, which can be created using Browser > Create > File Listing...

thanks for your answer!

yes, i'm able to print 25 or less files without an error. there is no such command in the help, but "print" command exists.

can't figure out how to create file list for this command

cday
XnThusiast
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Cheltenham, U.K.

Re: print 50+ images

Postby cday » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:01 am

maximn wrote:Yes, I'm able to print 25 or less files without an error. There is no such command in the help, but "print" command exists.

I can't figure out how to create file list for this command

Interesting... :wink:

You should be able to create a filelist by selecting the files to be in the list in the Browser and then using Create > File Listing...

Try @filelist.txt or some variation on that!

maximn
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:14 am

Re: print 50+ images

Postby maximn » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:15 am

cday wrote:
maximn wrote:Yes, I'm able to print 25 or less files without an error. There is no such command in the help, but "print" command exists.

I can't figure out how to create file list for this command

Interesting... :wink:

You should be able to create a filelist by selecting the files to be in the list in the Browser and then using Create > File Listing...

Try @filelist.txt or some variation on that!

tried with no luck 3 different commands:

c:\maxim\xnview_test>"c:\Program Files (x86)\XnView\xnview.exe" -ini "c:\Program Files (x86)\XnView\print.ini" -print @filelist.txt

c:\maxim\xnview_test>"c:\Program Files (x86)\XnView\xnview.exe" -ini "c:\Program Files (x86)\XnView\print.ini" -print -filelist filelist.txt

c:\maxim\xnview_test>"c:\Program Files (x86)\XnView\xnview.exe" -ini "c:\Program Files (x86)\XnView\print.ini" -filelist filelist.txt -print

nothing happens.

filelist.txt is a simple text file with full file name on each line. "Create > File Listing..." is generating something different like:
1.gif 55126 09-01-2017 23:52

cday
XnThusiast
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Cheltenham, U.K.

Re: print 50+ images

Postby cday » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:27 am

maximn wrote:filelist.txt is a simple text file with full file name on each line. "Create > File Listing..." is generating something different like:
1.gif 55126 09-01-2017 23:52

I'm not very familiar with this but I think you need to only list the filenames with the path option selected, and deselect all the other file parameters...

maximn
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:14 am

Re: print 50+ images

Postby maximn » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:35 am

cday wrote:
maximn wrote:filelist.txt is a simple text file with full file name on each line. "Create > File Listing..." is generating something different like:
1.gif 55126 09-01-2017 23:52

I'm not very familiar with this but I think you need to only list the filenames with the path option selected, and deselect all the other file parameters...

have this file, but no printing from this list

cday
XnThusiast
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Cheltenham, U.K.

Re: print 50+ images

Postby cday » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:45 am

Do you have spaces in the filenames or paths? At a quick look, double quotes which are [presumably] required aren't inserted in the file list created...

You could do some simple tests to confirm that or any possibilities you can think of, or search the forum for posts including the keyword 'filelist' for ideas...

Or maybe someone else can help :?:

maximn
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:14 am

Re: print 50+ images

Postby maximn » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:49 am

cday wrote:Do you have spaces in the filenames or paths? At a quick look, double quotes which are [presumably] required aren't inserted in the file list created...


no, there are no spaces. you can see file names below in the example. thanks for your help!

example of error i am geting:

c:\maxim\xnview_test>"c:\Program Files (x86)\XnView\xnview.exe" -ini "c:\Program Files (x86)\XnView\print.ini" -print C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009068_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009068_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_3.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_4.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009070_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009070_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009070_3.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_3.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_4.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_5.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009068_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009068_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_3.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_4.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009070_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009070_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009070_3.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_3.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_4.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_5.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009068_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009068_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_3.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_4.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009070_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009070_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009070_3.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_3.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_4.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_5.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009068_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009068_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_3.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009069_4.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009070_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009070_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009070_3.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_1.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_2.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_3.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_4.gif C:\maxim\xnview_test\R0009071_5.gif

error:
System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-04-04T10:44:36.000000000Z

EventRecordID 464634

Channel Application

Computer maxim1

Security


- EventData

xnview.exe
2.39.0.0
58218879
xnview.exe
2.39.0.0
58218879
c0000005
001816da
8340
01d2ad3073b9e432
c:\Program Files (x86)\XnView\xnview.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\XnView\xnview.exe
b195f3ca-1923-11e7-812e-00505685111b

cday
XnThusiast
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Cheltenham, U.K.

Re: print 50+ images

Postby cday » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:54 am

Possibly @filelist isn't supported, could someone else more knowledgeable please comment or take a look at the above post :?:


Return to “Classic - General Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests