Display settings not working -- SOLVED

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Edyap

Display settings not working -- SOLVED

Post by Edyap »

In preview versions of Xnview, I prefer viewing thumbnails on a black background, and the filename and details in white text also on a black background. But with the version 2.40, the settings don't work. The text under the thumbnails can change color, but the background behind the text remains white no matter what I do.

When I copied the old xnview.ini into the new folder, the background behind the text becomes black as I prefer it. But I don't want to use the old xnview.ini, in case there are settings that are incompatible with the new version.
Last edited by Edyap on Thu May 25, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Display settings not working

Post by xnview »

do you have changed options>Thumbnails>Background color?
Pierre.
Edyap

Post by Edyap »

Thank you for the quick response.
Yes, I have changed the thumbnails background color to black, as well as the browser background color.
I have changed these and the label settings to the same as my previous version, but the label background does not comply with my new settings. It remains white.
Edyap

Post by Edyap »

Hi Pierre,

I solved the problem by comparing the xnview.ini files. In my old xnview.ini file, there was an entry for "UseColor=0" which was "UseColor=1" in the new xnview.ini.
When I changed the value to "0" the problem was fixed. I don't know where this setting is in the settings dialog box.
Thank you for your time!