How to custom sort?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

anitatally

How to custom sort?

Post by anitatally »

Can someone please point me to this topic if it's already being discussed? I would like to custom sort pictures in a folder. The situation - we have pictures from 2 cameras and 2 phones, and sorting in name order is not chronological. I want to be able to create a semi-chronological stream of photos. And to add to the problem, my husband forgot to change the time on his camera while we were in Europe, so his pictures are 7-8 hours "off." Can I edit the names of the photos? Haven't been able to figure out if that's possible. AND I tried to edit the times on the photos, but some were not "editable" depending on the device used to take the picture. I see that the order can be changed in the slideshow, but I would like to change the folder order as well. Thanks in advance for your help.
Anita Tally
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: How to custom sort?

Post by xnview »

it's not possible with XnView Classic, but only with XnView MP
Pierre.
anitatally

Post by anitatally »

If it is possible only with XN View MP, then is it easy to install and switch to that one? Is it user friendly?
Anita
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

anitatally wrote:If it is possible only with XN View MP, then is it easy to install and switch to that one? Is it user friendly?
XnView MP is almost the same as XnView Classic, some features are not yet implemented...
Pierre.
anitatally

Post by anitatally »

I'm working with the new one today - I have tried "quick slide-show" but that option doesn't allow me to add music, sort the photos, display the captions, etc. Can you help me find a "full slide-show" option, if it exists?

Anita
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

anitatally wrote:I'm working with the new one today - I have tried "quick slide-show" but that option doesn't allow me to add music, sort the photos, display the captions, etc. Can you help me find a "full slide-show" option, if it exists?
the slideshow is not yet implemented
Pierre.