Transparency at zoom levels greater than 100%

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

omniplex

Transparency at zoom levels greater than 100%

Post by omniplex »

Apparently XnView 2.22 and some earlier versions cannot handle transparency at zoom levels > 100%. This could be a new bug or feature, or I haven't found the settings to fix it, or it never worked, but I didn't see it, because I only recently looked at pictures with semi-transparent (0 < alpha < 255) RGBA pixels. Background, my default view is "fit to window size", and for small pictures this is greater than 100%.

Presumably unrelated, or not, the grid view at 5x5 can be rather messy. At, say, 20x20, it gets better, but the rows go from A1 to A19 and continue with A1:, A1;, etc., i.e., row numbers 20 etc. don't work. IMO there should be no row and column headers at all in the grid. What I really need is a zoom level and a 1x1 grid to identify erroneous pixels. At the moment it is faster to use MSpaint.exe (F4) and its max. zoom (800%) instead of XnView (also at 800%) to get a decent 1x1 grid.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: Transparency at zoom levels greater than 100%

Post by XnTriq »

omniplex wrote:Apparently XnView 2.22 and some earlier versions cannot handle transparency at zoom levels > 100%.
Confirmed if High quality zoom for Enlarge (Tools » Options... » View » View) is activated.