Sequence file convert doesn't work properly

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

loth

Sequence file convert doesn't work properly

Post by loth »

hi,

i just wanted to resize some pics because of http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=15795#15795
but it doenst seem to work as simple as i thought.

-if choosing the 'input' directory via the '...'-buton, it seems that the dialog is the dialog for the output-diretory, because of the filename 'out' in the directory dialog. (if put nothing into the 'filename)
also, the dialog gives an: 'out not found' if i press 'open'.

i have to type the input directory by hand.

-if the 'filename' field for 'input' is empty, and i press 'go' then i get the message 'the input filename is missing !!' which is irritating me, because xnviw should take ALL the files in my opinion if no filemask is given.

-if i set the input and output filename to '*.*' and press 'go' nothing happens.

-if i want to resize all the files into a folder i have to choose an output format, but i dont want to. i just want the pics with different fileformats to be resized, not converted info other fileformats.

there is a lot which is not workin, but i dont know if i get the whole idea of the process, so i stop here :-)
loth
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

With 'sequence convert', you should select first file in sequence. The function is useful for handling many files which are already named in a sequence: a01.jpg,a02.jpg,a03.jpg.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Personally I never use sequence convert since I want my files converted, not renamed.
If you simply want to convert multiple images (change format, size, apply filter&effect) you use the multi convert, see "How to convert several images at once?".
loth

Post by loth »

marsh wrote:With 'sequence convert', you should select first file in sequence. The function is useful for handling many files which are already named in a sequence: a01.jpg,a02.jpg,a03.jpg.
helmut wrote:Personally I never use sequence convert since I want my files converted, not renamed.
If you simply want to convert multiple images (change format, size, apply filter&effect) you use the multi convert, see "How to convert several images at once?".
ok, you're absolutely right,
but,
if you crop the "resize"-thing out of my post, the problems i had are still there and up to date.

or doesnt anybody of you had these problems, i described?
loth
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: sequence file convert doenst work propper

Post by xnview »

loth wrote:-if i set the input and output filename to '*.*' and press 'go' nothing happens.
You must enter a template filename for output, for example: output-####.jpg
Pierre.

Design

Post by Guest »

Personally I never use sequence convert since I want my files converted, not renamed.
Very funky i love it. [?]