2.39: "Save As" changing Location

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

EMLVIRUS

2.39: "Save As" changing Location

Post by EMLVIRUS »

STR:
1. open a folder, e.g. folder A, with more than one image (you can now use PgUp/PgDn to navigate to last/next file).
2. choose any one of them, double click to open it.
3. navigate to File→Save As, save it to another location, e.g. folder B.
Actual Result:
Xnview switch to the location you saved just now, i.e. folder B, so that you can not navigate to the rest file in the previous folder (folder A).
Expected Result:
Stay at where I was (folder A), at least an option should be added and set to off as default to switch location in this way.
Last edited by EMLVIRUS on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 2.39 "Save As" changing Location

Post by xnview »

please check options>General>File operations
Pierre.
EMLVIRUS

Post by EMLVIRUS »

xnview wrote:please check options>General>File operations
Sir, you misunderstand me something:
In options>General>File operations, what you get is simply using same location with the current one (folder A).
What I mean is actually what happened after saving:
In folder A, you open 001.jpg, and save it as 002.jpg in folder B. Now Xnview would be opening 002.jpg in folder B so that you can not navigate to the rest images in folder A directly in the viewer.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Is After 'Save as', change filename (Tools » Options... » General » Operations) activated?
EMLVIRUS

Post by EMLVIRUS »

XnTriq wrote:Is After 'Save as', change filename (Tools » Options... » General » Operations) activated?
Yes indeed. But why? This is so weird.
helmut

Re: 2.39 "Save As" changing Location [RESOLVED]

Post by helmut »

EMLVIRUS wrote:
XnTriq wrote:Is After 'Save as', change filename (Tools » Options... » General » Operations) activated?
Yes indeed. But why? This is so weird.
Good to read that your problem is resolved, now, EMLVIRUS. Is the English label "After 'Save as' change filename" perhaps wrong and should say "After 'Save as' change path"? Or what does this setting exactly do?
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

EMLVIRUS wrote:Yes indeed. But why? This is so weird.
Deactivating this setting prevents XnView from changing the current working directory.

Related option: Synchronize Browser selection with current View (Tools » Options... » Browser » Browser)
Xyzzy ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=19634#p19634]Options' descriptions[/url]) wrote:Synchronize Browser selection with current View – When you navigate between pictures in View mode, currently displayed picture becomes also selected picture in Browser’s file list.
XnTriq ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=108140#p108140]Save As changes the current browsing directory[/url]) wrote:
Problem:
thire ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=4727&p=22908#p22908]auto changes folder[/url]) wrote:I am viewing images in folder A and then I edit an image. I save it in folder B (save as) and press the button to see the next image (in the A folder), but it appears the next image in folder B.
[quote="sixtydashone ("Save As" question)"]Many times I want to edit a pic from "xxx" directory and "save as" to "yyy" directory. Once I've saved the edited pic to "yyy" directory, I'd like to be able to scroll the mouse wheel and have it take me to the next pic in "xxx" directory so I can edit it and save it to "yyy" and so forth.

The issue is that after the "save as" if I scroll the wheel, I am now scrolling through the "yyy" directory. So what happens next is I have to click X at the upper right corner to close the picture and return me to the pic browser, then find my place in "xxx" directory, open and edit the next pic, click "save as", close it to return to the browser again, find my place in the "xxx" directory again, etc.
profess135 ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=16665&p=70011#p70011]Save As resets to first file in same dir or new Save As Dir[/url]) wrote:When I browse through folders I sometimes come across a picture I want to send to someone. As pictures are usually quite large in KB/MB, I usually edit the picture.

After editing, I would usually use Save As and save the picture in a different location. I would then want to continue browsing through the original directory.

When I use Save As Xnview changes browsing to the folder where the new picture has been saved. I would like for it to continue browsing the original folder.
enxx ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=17833&p=75056#p75056]Can i make the viewer >not< switch folders?[/url]) wrote:Anyway, if i am using the Viewer to view images in folder A, than 'save as' in folder B, the Viewer switches to viewing folder B onwards...

How can i make XnView not switch folders when i do this? Cause i kinda do it a lot. ACDsee doesnt do it, but i hate it as its slow and bulky, and its not even free.
Solution:
Xyzzy ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=4941&p=23965#p23965]Options' descriptions for 1.82[/url]) wrote:After ‘Save as’ change filename – If this option is unchecked, after saving image with ‘Save as’ option, opened image is considered to be original file. Otherwise, it becomes new file (standard Windows applications behaviour).
[/quote]
EMLVIRUS

Post by EMLVIRUS »

"After 'Save as' change filename" is indeed confusing as it didn't change the name at all.
In fact, it is indeed changing the path.
@xnview could you fix that on next release? According to @XnTriq it has been there for some time.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

EMLVIRUS wrote:"After 'Save as' change filename" is indeed confusing as it didn't change the name at all.
In fact, it is indeed changing the path.
So setting need to be renamed??
@xnview could you fix that on next release? According to @XnTriq it has been there for some time.
Sorry but there is no bug? You need to disable it
Pierre.