XnTriq (Unexpected results when applying plug-in filters) wrote:Some Adobe Photoshop compatible 8BF plug-in filters produce different outcome in conjunction with XnView as compared to other programs like Paint Shop Pro:
- Download the freebie plug-in collection (1.75 MB) from Flaming Pear's web site.
- Extract the following files from the ZIP archive to the folder where you keep your filters:
- Swap Green and Blue-120.8bf
- Swap Red and Blue-120.8bf
- Swap Red and Green-120.8bf
- Open an image in XnView, apply one of the mentioned filter effects to it (they don't have any options to choose from) and save the result in a lossless format.
- Repeat the steps described in #3 on the same image with a program other than XnView.
- Compare the two results.
- Scratch your head.
See also: Bug in 8bf plugin support (and crash)