Could old versions of XnView for Mac be restored?

Questions, suggestions, and answers for XnView on MacOS X

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

daviding

Could old versions of XnView for Mac be restored?

Post by daviding »

I really appreciate that XnView is cross-platform.

I see that downloads of XnView for Macs has been removed. Would it be possible to restore the old version, with an active caution that support is no longer available?

The initiation of XnView for MP is a good pursuit, but it seems like a stable release could be a long time coming.

I've moved over from using Faststone to XnView, specifically because I'm pretty sure to be migrating my main computer off XP towards Linux. I'm almost exclusively on cross-platform tools, so the transition will be eased.

I have been supporting my wife, however, on her Mac. This Mac isn't a razzle-dazzle new machine, but instead a G4 Mac 867-Dual running OS/X 10.5 . This is a move up from a G4 Mac Dual-450 running OS/X 10.4, where the power supply died.

Most of the other machines in the house have XP installed. Since my wife isn't extremely technical, I would like her to be able to use the same tools across multiple computers in the house.

If there are problems with the code, I'm sure that people will come to this forum. Applications that continue to run on PowerPC chips seem to be in decline.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Could old versions of XnView for Mac be restored?

Post by xnview »

you can find old mac version on http://download.xnview.com
Pierre.
daviding

Still works on OS/X 10.5.4 PPC

Post by daviding »

Pierre,

Thanks very much for continuing to make the old version available. I've just installed it on a Mac PowerPC G4 running OS/X 10.5.4, and it runs just fine.

(Sorry for the slow reply. I've been travelling for a week, and this was the first opportunity to do the installation.)

Cross-platform lives!
mathof

Post by mathof »

I have the same need: to download a version of XnView that will allow me to view DCR files on my PowerPC G5, running 10.4.11. Unfortunately, I cannot determine, by looking at http://download.xnview.com, which version to download. The one I tried, http://download.xnview.com, mounts and disappears a moment later. Can you tell me which file I should download? Thanks very much.
Matt
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Pierre.
anatalsceo

Post by anatalsceo »

Hello,
I've been trying to use this version on my G5, but it seems that the application inexpectly quits.

Any ideas ?

thanks,
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

anatalsceo wrote:Hello,
I've been trying to use this version on my G5, but it seems that the application inexpectly quits.

Any ideas ?
Try to use the XnViewMP version instead
Pierre.