• Hi !
…It's a task which should be done carefully in order to get good shortcuts and to avoid double shortcuts.
• For all languages, a small tool is needed to set the hotkeys.
For instance, we have the “Difres
” tool in Total Commander, provided to the translators.
• It's a simple 211 KiB EXE (not compressed), and it could be used as a base, I guess that Ch. Ghisler could allow this…
- Whether some simple criteria are respected (*.MNU and *.LNG for the files extensions), it should be a precious help.
- The groups of strings -and pop-up menus parts- in which we can't have duplicates can be stated so easily…
- In the practice, let's say roughly that each "Range of strings" corresponds to a dialogue-box…
• I even used it (adapted) for some TC plug-ins and that worked…
• The tool compares the foreign files with the English templates, and detects the missing strings and the duplicates hotkeys.
It proposes free letters instead for each duplicate…
• Moreover, it takes cares now of the existing¦allowed internal commands.
A "command-window" is translatable, it verifies that too.
• It's the reason for which I opened a thread here in that section about a future “Command Manager”
but it seems that almost nobody got the high importance of such an item…