Non-Translatable strings [All languages]

Group for those who want to contribute in the area of translation of On-Screen texts or Online help of XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8116
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Non-Translatable strings [All languages]

Postby helmut » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:37 pm

@XnView Translators:
This topic is intended for the XnView translators. Please report strings that cannot be translated because there is no string literal in the header files available, here.

@All:
If you happen to find a string that has not been translated, yet, and is not listed here, please report it in the appropriate topic for your specific language.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8116
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

'"Acquire returned false'

Postby helmut » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:39 pm

Acquire returned false
When experience scanning problems, XnView displays the error message "Acquire returned false". This message might be returned by the Twain Driver, but XnView should translate it, whenever this exactly message is thrown. Other message (are there any) might be just passed through and displayed.

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4578
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: 1.97 English Translation / List of new strings

Postby Dreamer » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:01 am

There is a new option in beta 2, in Slide show dialog, "More options":

"'Add folder' add its subfolders"

How to translate it??
Dreamer

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 27345
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 1.97 English Translation / List of new strings

Postby xnview » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:32 pm

Dreamer wrote:How to translate it??

Right, new sentences in B2:

Code: Select all

#define TXT_Add_Folder_Recurse                     "'Add folder' add its subfolders"
#define TXT_TemplateMenu_Size_Bytes               "Size (Bytes)"
Pierre.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8116
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: 1.97 English Translation / List of new strings

Postby helmut » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:36 am

When using "Edit > Meta data > Edit GPS data..." without having installed exiftool, an error message "Please install EXIF tool in AddOn folder". From what I can see this string is not translatable ATM. Pierre?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 27345
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 1.97 English Translation / List of new strings

Postby xnview » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:40 pm

helmut wrote:When using "Edit > Meta data > Edit GPS data..." without having installed exiftool, an error message "Please install EXIF tool in AddOn folder". From what I can see this string is not translatable ATM. Pierre?

Right,

Code: Select all

#define TXT_String_Install_Exiftool               "Please install exiftool in AddOn folder"

added
Pierre.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8116
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: Non-Translatable strings [All languages]

Postby helmut » Mon May 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Is there a way to translate the strings that are displayed in the ImageShack plugin for XnView (Windows)?

E.g. "Do you want to upload your files on the public server ImageShack?"

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 27345
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Non-Translatable strings [All languages]

Postby xnview » Tue May 04, 2010 8:49 am

helmut wrote:Is there a way to translate the strings that are displayed in the ImageShack plugin for XnView (Windows)?

E.g. "Do you want to upload your files on the public server ImageShack?"

You have the .lng file
Pierre.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8116
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: Non-Translatable strings [All languages]

Postby helmut » Tue May 04, 2010 9:00 pm

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:Is there a way to translate the strings that are displayed in the ImageShack plugin for XnView (Windows)?

E.g. "Do you want to upload your files on the public server ImageShack?"

You have the .lng file

Right, there's Paint.lng and NeroCD.lng. But after installing the ImageShack plugin there's no IShack.lng (or similar). So what do I do?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 27345
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Non-Translatable strings [All languages]

Postby xnview » Thu May 06, 2010 11:52 am

helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:Is there a way to translate the strings that are displayed in the ImageShack plugin for XnView (Windows)?

E.g. "Do you want to upload your files on the public server ImageShack?"

You have the .lng file

Right, there's Paint.lng and NeroCD.lng. But after installing the ImageShack plugin there's no IShack.lng (or similar). So what do I do?

You have no ImageShack.lng??
Pierre.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8116
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: Non-Translatable strings [All languages]

Postby helmut » Thu May 06, 2010 7:52 pm

xnview wrote:You have no ImageShack.lng??

No, there's no such file included in the ZIP archive. I've downloaded the ImageShack plugin <here>.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 27345
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Non-Translatable strings [All languages]

Postby xnview » Mon May 10, 2010 7:42 am

helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:You have no ImageShack.lng??

No, there's no such file included in the ZIP archive. I've downloaded the ImageShack plugin <here>.

Please check in the Plugin package...
Pierre.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8116
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: Non-Translatable strings [All languages]

Postby helmut » Thu May 13, 2010 7:11 am

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:You have no ImageShack.lng??

No, there's no such file included in the ZIP archive. I've downloaded the ImageShack plugin <here>.

Please check in the Plugin package...

ImageShack download is listed in ** AddOns ***. Which Plugin file should I download? And why? I really think and expect that when downloading an Add on (e.g. ImageShack PlugIn) the appropriate language file must be included. Or what's the logic behind this?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 27345
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Non-Translatable strings [All languages]

Postby xnview » Mon May 17, 2010 7:47 am

helmut wrote:ImageShack download is listed in ** AddOns ***. Which Plugin file should I download? And why? I really think and expect that when downloading an Add on (e.g. ImageShack PlugIn) the appropriate language file must be included. Or what's the logic behind this?

The full plugin file, i'll remove other links...
Pierre.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8116
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: Non-Translatable strings [All languages]

Postby helmut » Tue May 18, 2010 7:06 am

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:ImageShack download is listed in ** AddOns ***. Which Plugin file should I download? And why? I really think and expect that when downloading an Add on (e.g. ImageShack PlugIn) the appropriate language file must be included. Or what's the logic behind this?

The full plugin file, i'll remove other links...

I couldn't find the full plug-in file on the download pages. Could you please provide a link to the appropriate download page or a direct link?


Return to “XnView Classic - Translation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests