output to folders with "#"

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

DeanB

output to folders with "#"

Post by DeanB »

Using "#" for file enumeration is great, but I need to output to folders whose names contain the "#" character (e.g., "main folder/subfolder #1/file.jpg", "main folder/subfolder #2/file2.jpg", etc.). Is there a way I can escape it so that nconvert treats the "#" as part of the folder name and not as an enumerator? Something like:

nconvert.exe -resize 120 0 -o "main folder/subfolder ^#1/resized.jpg" "main folder/subfolder #1/file.jpg"

As it is, the above command (minus the "^") wants to put the resized file in a folder called "subfolder 11" instead of "subfolder #1".
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: output to folders with "#"

Post by xnview »

DeanB wrote:Using "#" for file enumeration is great, but I need to output to folders whose names contain the "#" character (e.g., "main folder/subfolder #1/file.jpg", "main folder/subfolder #2/file2.jpg", etc.). Is there a way I can escape it so that nconvert treats the "#" as part of the folder name and not as an enumerator? Something like:

nconvert.exe -resize 120 0 -o "main folder/subfolder ^#1/resized.jpg" "main folder/subfolder #1/file.jpg"

As it is, the above command (minus the "^") wants to put the resized file in a folder called "subfolder 11" instead of "subfolder #1".
Currently not possible, but i'll add it
Pierre.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: output to folders with "#"

Post by cday »

xnview wrote:
DeanB wrote:Using "#" for file enumeration is great, but I need to output to folders whose names contain the "#" character... Is there a way I can escape it so that nconvert treats the "#" as part of the folder name and not as an enumerator?
Currently not possible, but i'll add it
Does anyone know if this was implemented, and if so how '#' can be escaped?