nConvert crashes using -binary floyd

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

kevinv

nConvert crashes using -binary floyd

Post by kevinv »

Hello,

I have a tif file that I'm trying to convert to a pdf file. When using nconvert, the -binary floyd option is causing it to crash and return a 255 error code. I included the full command line in case some other parameter might be having an effect. If I remove the -binary floyd option, it works. I can open the tif in paint so it seems to be a valid tif file. I can also convert it in xnView using the Floyd option and it works there. So I don't know what the problem is with nConvert.

The -binary nodither option works and seems to do the same thing. I know nothing of all this graphic stuff and its terminology. I have no clue what the -binary option does. If nodither does the same thing as Floyd, I could just use that. Can anyone provide any guidance?

The resulting pdf file is run through somewhat of an OCR process that pulls data out based on the x/y axis location. The x/y axis locations are drawn and recorded by a person using a viewer app. Maybe the -binary Floyd option cleans up the image to make it work better for our process?

Thanks,
Kevin

C:\Files\Tools\nconvert.exe -out pdf -o "C:\Temp\DCSTest.pdf" -c 3 -xall -binary floyd -dpi 200 -multi -v "C:\Temp\DCSTest.tif"
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: nConvert crashes using -binary floyd

Post by xnview »

i have no crash with floyd setting, please could you send me your tif file?
Pierre.
kevinv

Post by kevinv »

I'll have to see if we can send it out. They are customer proprietary images and I need to check with upper management.
kevinv

Post by kevinv »

I can send you the TIF. Do you have an email address I can use? I don't want to attach it for anyone to see.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »