PDF to SVG

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

jesperg

PDF to SVG

Post by jesperg »

Hi
Is it possible to convert PDF to SVG format using NConvert.exe file?

regards
Jesper G
cday
XnThusiast

Re: PDF to SVG

Post by cday »

jesperg wrote:Is it possible to convert PDF to SVG format using NConvert.exe file?
The NConvert Help file lists supported formats at the end, and if I'm interpreting it correctly indicates formats that are supported for writing as well as reading with an asterix.

Sadly the SVG format is only shown as supported for reading... :(
jesperg

Post by jesperg »

cday wrote:
jesperg wrote:Is it possible to convert PDF to SVG format using NConvert.exe file?
The NConvert Help file lists supported formats at the end, and if I'm interpreting it correctly indicates formats that are supported for writing as well as reading with an asterix.

Sadly the SVG format is only shown as supported for reading... :(
Thanks...

Do you know any other vector format that can be used on websites, that I can convert pdf into?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

jesperg wrote:Do you know any other vector format that can be used on websites, that I can convert pdf into?
Not myself, although Postscript is supported for writing and might be a possibility??

XnTriq will know if anyone knows, but not until later...
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Welcome to the forum, jesperg.
Vector-to-vector (PDF/SVG) conversion can't be done with nConvert.
jesperg wrote:Do you know any other vector format that can be used on websites, that I can convert pdf into?
Of course there are plug-ins for DWG/DXF, PDF, SWF (FlashPaper) etc., but SVG is the only vector format supported by all modern web browsers out of the box, as far as I know.