Open multiple files from the Browser

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

budz45
XnThusiast

Open multiple files from the Browser

Post by budz45 »

It would be nice if the Browser in XnView MP supported opening multiple selected files from it's browser.

Say for instance, I highlight 3 image files, or I highlight 5 text files then if I right click to press 'open' or if I tap enter then only those selected files can launch in whatever program is associated with them and it would be at the user's own discretion.

I thought that I could select 3 image files and that they could open in the MP 'viewer' but I found that it sadly currently couldn't:
Currently it's only opening 1 image instead of what I've selected. The same is for other files types. I hope this can be fixed later.
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
HanVroon

Re: Open multiple files from the Browser

Post by HanVroon »

Hi Pierre,

I also would like this feature back, right-click on several selected files/thumbnails and choose "Open all selected", like in XnView classic.
This has always been one of the most used features for me while working with images.
Open a few and then, with the mouse pointer over one of the tabs, scrolling between the few images to judge them.

I understand that due to the enormous flexibility there are many ways to work with XnViewMP, but still I find it strange that this feature is still missing in MP (0.68) and hardly anyone asks for it...

So please..., and regards,
Han
HanVroon

Post by HanVroon »

@ budz45,

I just discovered that dragging multiple selected files to the tab row also does the job....
A quite hidden feature, but a workaround for us maybe.
Still the "Open all selected" option from the Classic version would be nice to have back in the contect menu...

Regards,
Han
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See Issue 595 for current status and details.
Pierre.
HanVroon

Post by HanVroon »

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for wanting to add this feature!
If this is implemented in 0.75 beta, how can we use it?
I don't see a quickmenu option added (Open all selected), and don't know what other key to use with Control (Control-Enter does nothing).

Kind regards,
Han
HanVroon

Post by HanVroon »

Hi Pierre,

In the final 0.75 change log it is said that "Open all selected" is implemented:
595: [Requests] Open all selected files - viewtopic.php?f=60&t=19703

But I still can't find it as an option. How did you add the feature?

Kind regards,
Han
HanVroon

Post by HanVroon »

I don't know if implemented suggestions are also to be moved to an "implemented" section or so, but reviewing my old posts I noticed this thread, and "Open all selected" is now implemented and fully functional.