Add Effects and plugins to XnView MP

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

deus-ex

Add Effects and plugins to XnView MP

Post by deus-ex »

Hello Pierre,

can you please give an estimation when you are going to add the Effects and Plugins menu (like in XnView Classic) to XnView MP?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Add Effects and plugins to XnView MP

Post by xnview »

Effects is already here
Which plugins do you want?
Pierre.
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

xnview wrote:Effects is already here
I'm sorry, I really wasn't aware of it. Because of your reply I now searched for it and found the entry Filter... in the Image menu, which is a different location compared to XnView Classic.
xnview wrote:Which plugins do you want?
Sometimes I need to add arrows and/or speech ballons to images in order to provide an explanation within an image. Not too long ago I learned about the XnView Classic plugin Paint, which does go in the right direction. Though it offers just drawing simple lines and circles, not arrows and speech bubble shapes.

Another function or plugin I'm wishing for is clone-stamping to edit/fix images.
Dominius

Post by Dominius »

I realise this thread will be a year old 17 days from this writing, but I'd like to chime in and request a few plugins.

The effects I'd be looking for can be accessed in the Gthumb 3.4.3 effects by way of the Special Effects button on that panel. I've seen them nowhere else; not even the GIMP (2.8.3) with the "deluxe" Script-Fu package. "Warmer," "Cooler" and "Artic" are the ones I find most useful. You may have seen my thread asking which filters already in XnView MP can be used to produce the same effects as the first two.

Dominius.
Redsandro

Post by Redsandro »

• HEIC plugin in XnViewMP for Linux