RAW+JPEG+XMP linked

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Sirio

RAW+JPEG+XMP linked

Post by Sirio »

Hi
:idea: Is it possible to make an option that can link the RAW+JPEG+XMP in actions?
I mean that twins (RAW+JPG) and companions(XMP sidecar) must be linked in actions like, rename, move and delete.
Eg: If I delete the Jpeg, XnViewMP will delete the RAW and the XMP files too. Because actually if I delete the Jpeg or the RAW, the xmp sidecar remain as a ghost alone in the folder. :?
I think this option have to be in the Settings>General>File operations.

Thanks Pierre.
Last edited by Sirio on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sirio
igorek7

Re: RAW+JPEG+XMP linked

Post by igorek7 »

I'd like to join to the appeal for a possibility to have a synchronized renaming of all associated to the prime image files. It would simplify tremendously my work. Thank you in advance!
samvise

Post by samvise »

This would actually be great! And, in general, there could be a toggle switch (on-off) to perform the same action on all the files with the same name *excluding the extension*.
This would include RAW+JPG+XMP but also VIDEO+XMP, etc...
Sched

Post by Sched »

Good idea. Now in photography those files are considered like one. Lightroom can manage files in this way. 8)
Kris

Post by Kris »

Yes it will be great ! I have the same "problem" as the moment!

Oui se serait super, si vous pouviez lier les fichiers images (RAW me concernant) au XMP. J'utilise la version 0.83.

Merci pour le bon travail sur ce logiciel !
Kris

Post by Kris »

Bonjour, le "problème" a-t'il été réglé ou en passe de l'être ?
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

Ooooooh boy,

Here we go again!! Tralalala...

http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=29532

(just grabbing some popcorn)
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
Sirio

Post by Sirio »

:D :D :D
Here we are not talking about to show, but to perform the same action on all the files. It's different.
Sirio
helmut

Post by helmut »

Sirio wrote::D :D :D
Here we are not talking about to show, but to perform the same action on all the files. It's different.
From what I can see the idea behind both topics basically partly the same: Applying actions to both the companion file and the RAW files. Though here discussion is about an option to link the operations of the companion file and accompanied file, while the other discussion is both about visibility and linking.

Both discussions have their value and it's hard to decide where to continue. I've decided to beard the lion's in his den and continue discussion in the other topic Companion / XMP files - bug.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

Son, with all due respect, sometimes performing the same action on all the files can be a very big show. :D :D
From what I can see the idea behind both topics basically partly the same: Applying actions to both the companion file and the RAW files.
Only some actions from on-disk management primitives (copy/move/rename/delete). Updating (or lack of thereof for some Raw formats) is the generator of this mess.

...heading on the other thread...
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -