Default behaviour for mouse wheel in Viewer

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

helmut

Default behaviour for mouse wheel in Viewer

Postby helmut » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:10 pm

<Moderator's note: Originally this was a bug report but it turned out to be a suggestion.>
___

Subject: 0.83: Mouse wheel doesn't zoom in/out by default

When using the mouse wheel in View mode, XnView navigates to the previous/next image. Instead, XnView should zoom in/out.

By default, mouse wheel should do zooming and not navigating (like in XnView Classic).

thibaud

Re: 0.83: Mouse wheel doesn't zoom in/out by default

Postby thibaud » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:50 am

you call for an uniformisation of behavior between same author's software.
I'd call for un standardisation of behavior in regard to what the majority of similar software propose (about every other image viewer I know uses the mouse wheel to next/prev)

helmut

Postby helmut » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:21 pm

thibaud wrote:you call for an uniformisation of behavior between same author's software.
I'd call for un standardisation of behavior in regard to what the majority of similar software propose (about every other image viewer I know uses the mouse wheel to next/prev)
Both uniformisation and standardisation are important, thibaud. But why make all those changes in XnView MP, only? From my point of view, XnView MP should be a 1:1 port of XnView Classic. And if things like a default behaviour should be changed, then this should be discussed and changed in both XnView MP and XnView Classic.

helmut

Postby helmut » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:38 pm

I think that XnView MP and XnView Classic should behave the same way if possible.

Personally, I'd prefer if mouse wheel would zoom in/out by default. Other opinions (apart from thibaud and mine)? Is there a de-facto standard?

cday
XnThusiast

Postby cday » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:11 pm

helmut wrote:I'd prefer if mouse wheel would zoom in/out by default. Other opinions (apart from thibaud and mine)? Is there a de-facto standard?

Zooming with the mouse wheel seems a standard, but it's using Ctrl + mouse wheel, isn't it? [MS Office, Libre Office, Firefox, Opera and Adobe Acrobat, for example].

That would leave 'mouse wheel' free for next/previous image as a de facto standard in image viewers, as thibaud suggested above...

Return to “MP - Suggestions”