Disable middle mouse scroll button in crop mode

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

PeterH

Disable middle mouse scroll button in crop mode

Post by PeterH »

By default the middle mouse scroll button/wheel in XNview MP can be used to jump to the next or previous picture in your current library.

Is it possible to disable this functionality while in crop mode?

You need to use the middle mouse button function to select your crop area. If by accident you turn the middle mouse wheel while selecting the crop area you skip to the next or previous picture. I don't think this is useful behaviour while in crop mode or I'm I missing something?

Is it not better to disable the previous/next image middle mouse wheel function until you finish the crop action?

Kind regards Peter
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Disable middle mouse scroll button in crop mode

Post by cday »

PeterH wrote:By default the middle mouse scroll button/wheel in XNview MP can be used to jump to the next or previous picture in your current library.

Is it possible to disable this functionality while in crop mode?

You need to use the middle mouse button function to select your crop area. If by accident you turn the middle mouse wheel while selecting the crop area you skip to the next or previous picture. I don't think this is useful behaviour while in crop mode or I'm I missing something?

Is it not better to disable the previous/next image middle mouse wheel function until you finish the crop action?
Are you familiar with the mouse configuration options available in Tools > Settings... > Interface -- Mouse tab ?

While disabling the middle mouse button function while selecting a crop area would solve your immediate issue, possibly you could reconfigure the above mouse options so as to obtain a satisfactory way of working immediately?
PeterH

Re: Disable middle mouse scroll button in crop mode

Post by PeterH »

Thanks for the tip,
I did not realize that I could change the middle mouse button behaviour. Changed it to zoom so it is not such a problem any more if I rotate by accident in crop mode.
Personally I prefer the keyboard for jumping up and down the photo library so this indeed fixes my problem.