Maximize button for Export, Search, Multipage page, ...

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

m.Th.
XnThusiast

Maximize button for Export, Search, Multipage page, ...

Post by m.Th. »

Please, please, please add Maximize buttons to windows which require it: Export, Search, Multi-Page File & Contact Sheet.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
helmut

Re: Maximize

Post by helmut »

m.Th. wrote:Please, please, please add Maximize buttons to windows which require it: Export, Search, Multi-Page File & Contact Sheet.
I'm against adding Maximize buttons: Export, Search, Multipage, and Contact sheet are modal dialogs. Modal dialogs should never have maximize buttons and FAIK Windows doesn't even support this.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Re: Maximize

Post by m.Th. »

helmut wrote:
m.Th. wrote:Please, please, please add Maximize buttons to windows which require it: Export, Search, Multi-Page File & Contact Sheet.
I'm against adding Maximize buttons: Export, Search, Multipage, and Contact sheet are modal dialogs.
???

These windows have previews so it make a lot of sense to see as much as possible from the preview - that's why I requested it. More mature dialogs like Batch Convert and Batch Rename have it (I hope that it would be not removed).
Modal dialogs should never have maximize buttons and FAIK Windows doesn't even support this.
??? (again)

The Modal style of a form doesn't have anything to do with its attributes. It is just a matter to set independent properties of the said form. Btw, Minimize button of a modal form can have much more annoying effects compared with Maximize.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -