0.85 convert 48bit DNG results in 8bit ouput, XMP tags not exported to JXR

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

squeezechart
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:38 pm

0.85 convert 48bit DNG results in 8bit ouput, XMP tags not exported to JXR

Postby squeezechart » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:51 am

When this 48bit image is converted to PNG, TIFF, JPEG-XR, FLIF etc the output is always 8bit.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByLIAF ... sp=sharing

Also, XMP tags are not exported when converting to JPEG-XR.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 27345
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 0.85 convert 48bit DNG results in 8bit ouput, XMP tags not exported to JXR

Postby xnview » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:17 am

yes image is convert as 8bits per component. Only NConvert can convert 48bits to PNG, TIFF 48bits
Pierre.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8116
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: 0.85 convert 48bit DNG results in 8bit ouput, XMP tags not exported to JXR

Postby helmut » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:08 pm

xnview wrote:yes image is convert as 8bits per component. Only NConvert can convert 48bits to PNG, TIFF 48bits
O.k.. Is there a message box displayed that informs the user?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 27345
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 0.85 convert 48bit DNG results in 8bit ouput, XMP tags not exported to JXR

Postby xnview » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:35 pm

helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:yes image is convert as 8bits per component. Only NConvert can convert 48bits to PNG, TIFF 48bits
O.k.. Is there a message box displayed that informs the user?

yes when you open it
Pierre.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8116
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

0.85 convert 48bit DNG results in 8bit output, XMP tags not exported to JXR

Postby helmut » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:27 pm

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:yes image is convert as 8bits per component. Only NConvert can convert 48bits to PNG, TIFF 48bits
O.k.. Is there a message box displayed that informs the user?
yes when you open it
O.k., so it's that XnView doesn't support 48bit images. Support of 48 bit images is a suggestion.

:arrow: Suggestions

squeezechart wrote:Also, XMP tags are not exported when converting to JPEG-XR.
As Pierre has pointed out XnView MP doesn't support XMP data in JXR files. There should be a message box informing the user that he/she will loose all metadata. I've created a separate bug report for this, see viewtopic.php?t=35429


Return to “MP - Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest