Fuzzy Thumbnails

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Ty

Fuzzy Thumbnails

Post by Ty »

I'm testing and playing with XnViewMP 0.26.1, and running it side by side with XnView 1.97.6 for Windows.

I'm sure somebody has commented on this already, but all of my thumbnails--at all sizes--are fuzzy and blurred.

Other than that, my first impressions of MP are quite favorable. Very nice job, Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Fuzzy Thumbnails

Post by xnview »

"fuzzy and blurred"??? XnView & XnViewMP use the same library...
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Perhaps "Sharpen thumbnail" is activated in XnView Windows but not in XnView MP? (Tools > Options... | Browser | Thumbnails | Appearance)
Ty

Post by Ty »

Hi Helmut--

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already checked all the visual settings I can think of, including "sharpen."

Since you haven't heard of this problem before, it must be something about my particular situation. So please don't spend any more time worrying about it. But I will show you what I mean below. And this is ONE screen shot, not two different ones pasted together.

Thanks and regards,

Ty

marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

Hello Ty,
According to screenshot, MP is using embedded thumbnails while the other is not.
Ty

Post by Ty »

Hi Marsh--I'm sure you're right, but how do you know this? Is there something on the screen that says "embedded?" And in any case, what are embedded thumbnails?

Although I made sure that the embedded option was OFF for both XnView/Win and XnView/MP, XnView apparently does not refresh automatically when that setting is changed. Now when I look at them (MP has been unloaded and reloaded), the thumbnails look fine.
Markorki

Post by Markorki »

hello
Is there something on the screen that says "embedded?"
yes, the first icon (starting from the left) : a small white rectangle in a bigger blue one, means "exif thumnail used for display in explorer mode". and this embedded thumnail is generally only about 3 KO
And in any case, what are embedded thumbnails?
It's a small picture embedded in the exif header of the .jpg file
Dommage, l'était sympa cette planète ;-(