OS: Windows 7 Pro, x64
When writing a single file during a multifile "change timestamp" operation, much metadata details are blanked out in the display.
Display can be temporarily showing incorrect information - user thinks metadata has been deleted.
- Browser set to details - use a wide pane to show lots of info (or squeeze the column widths)
- select viewable columns including File:Created, File:Modified, Exif:Date Taken, caption, camera settings, rating, colour.
- Select two or more files where these these fields have existing values
- Menu action: Tools->Change Timestamp
- change any one of a single file's date values, for example: File Create date -> increment by 1 second
- Alternatively, choose "write all" and results apply to all files.
- As soon as "Write" is pressed, much of the metadata is deleted from the display for that file:
- blanked are: (for example) Caption, shutterspeed, aperture, print size, properties
- retained are: filename, colour label, rating, (looks like anything not in the metadata blob)
- However, any Exif metadata that has changed is not changed - nor is it blanked.
- Any File: dates that have been changed are updated correctly.
- This applies to the display only - the content is redrawn when the edit time window is closed.
- The bug also happens if you have browser mode: thumbnails with (suitable) labels. One difference is that All Exif Dates are cleared as well as other metadata
- File list displays correct information, and
- File list display (or thumb label) updates any modified Exif:Date with new value just assigned
I tried the same thing with tools->metadata->edit IPTC/XMP and that operation behaves as expected : e.g. modified IPTC:Caption is updated with new value immediately after selecting "Write"