Dreamer
XnThusiast

0.85b2: Video position is lost sometimes

Post by Dreamer »

XnView: MP 0.85 beta 2 - 64-bit and MP 0.84 - 64-bit

Related bug (probably fixed): 0.81: Video: Pause And UnPause Starts Video Over

Effect: Video position is lost.

To reproduce:
1. In Settings > Interface > Switching mode > set option for 2x click to "Browser>Fullscreen>Viewer".
2. Focus any video file in browser and change the slider position
3. Click the "View" toolbar button to go to view mode
or
3. Double click the video file thumbnail to go to fullscreen
or
3. Double click the video file thumbnail to go to fullscreen
4. Double click to go to from fullscreen to view mode
or
3. Open the Settings window (F12)
4. Press Escape, or click OK, or Cancel, or [x]

Actual behaviour (bug): Video position is lost :bug:

Expected behaviour: Video position should be preserved.
Dreamer
helmut

Re: 0.85b2: Video position is lost sometimes

Post by helmut »

I've just tried to reproduce this problem but failed. After opening the video using the toolbar button "View" and closing the Viewer, again, the slider is still at the same position as before.
Dreamer wrote:2. Focus any video file in browser and change the slider position
I can click on a video file and the preview will show the video right away. I can stop the playing video and then change the slider position. Is this what you do and mean in this step?

Do you use the internal viewer (useQTav=false) or an external viewer?
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Thanks for testing, Helmut.

I'm using useQtAV=true - otherwise most of the videos are not working, but I'll try also false option.
helmut wrote:After opening the video using the toolbar button "View" and closing the Viewer, again, the slider is still at the same position as before.
You don't need to close the viewer, just start in Browser, change the slider position and then try to switch to fullscreen, or viewer, or open the Settings window (F12, Escape).

I'm using also the options in Interface:
[ ] Multiple view for same file
[v] Synchronize browser when view is closed
[v] Only one view per file
Tabs:
Max. of view tabs: 1
I can stop the playing video and then change the slider position. Is this what you do and mean in this step?
You should be able to change it also while video is playing, but you need to click exactly at the slider actual position, it's another issue/missing feature, already reported.

I can reproduce it also with the "false" option.

BTW it's quite the same issue as the other from the link in the first post (that bug was fixed already), video just starts over every time the view mode is changed, or if Settings window is opened and closed. In some modes the position is preserved, so the same video have different position in browser/preview and in viewer - in fullscreen it's always starts over.
Dreamer
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

It's a new bug, but it's quite similar to the last one with Settings, so I'm not sure if you should split it.

BTW What about that last bug?

- play any video
- pause at any time (not needed)
- open settings (F12)
- close settings (Escape, OK, or Cancel)
- video starts over

Anyway, more important are those bugs above, video starts over when changing the mode, you can't reproduce it? You can try to pause the video before you change mode.
Dreamer
helmut

Post by helmut »

Thank you for your feedback, Dreamer. I've just split my bug report from this bug report. This bug report contains three bugs already which might be related but which make handling and reproducing harder. Also, I'm not quite sure what the expected behaviour is: Is it really expected and needed that video position is maintained when you switch view mode?
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Also, I'm not quite sure what the expected behaviour is: Is it really expected and needed that video position is maintained when you switch view mode?
For example, video position is maintained in the web browsers (youtube) and video players. I know XnView is more for image viewing, but it's quite similar to web browsers, the video is in small window/preview and after switching to fullscreen (and back) the position is maintained.

The actual behavior has many unexpected situations:

- set Enter to switch between browser>fullscreen>viewer
- play short video with sound in browser preview
- go to fullscreen
- go to viewer (wait to the end)*
- go to browser
- go to fullscreen
- go to viewer

When you switch fro fullscreen to viewer, there's just a black screen and the video starts over in background (from browser preview) with the sound.

* alternatively pause video in the middle here - result is the same, just the image of paused video is displayed instead of black screen, with the sound of video from preview playing in background.

Volume is not the same in all modes, so e.g. if you mute in preview and switch to fullscreen, video is playing with sound there.
Dreamer
helmut

Post by helmut »

Dreamer wrote:Volume is not the same in all modes, so e.g. if you mute in preview and switch to fullscreen, video is playing with sound there.
Ouch, that's an annoying bug, I think. Could you (Dreamer) please create a separate bug report for this and provide some more details?
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

helmut wrote:Ouch, that's an annoying bug, I think. Could you (Dreamer) please create a separate bug report for this and provide some more details?
Done.

Back to the original bug. I can still reproduce it (in 0.87 beta 2), at least the Settings bug should be easy to reproduce:

Just play any video in browser, F12, Enter, video starts over.

Video starts over also if the mode is changed while playing (browser/fullscreen/viewer).

In XnView Classic it works good sometimes, if the fullscreen mode is the same, since there are 2 fullscreen modes. It works good when switching from - and to fullscreen - edit mode in viewer/edit mode.

Could anyone reproduce these bugs?

EDIT: OK, so it looks that in beta 3 (not released yet) it works good in viewer <> fullscreen, but video starts over in other cases
Dreamer