0.84: high-quality zoom remains disabled after re-enabling it

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

JMM72

0.84: high-quality zoom remains disabled after re-enabling it

Post by JMM72 »

<Moderator's note: This post has been edited>

XnViewMP 0.84 64bits under Windows 7 64 bits.

Lately I've been disabling and enabling high-quality zoom because certain times I am in need of inspecting pixel details, which are blurred if high-quality zoom is enabled. So I disable it, I do my work, but then I want to enable it again, because I resize small pictures to window and they look bad if it's not enabled. But after enabling it again, it remains disabled.

To reproduce it, I have the option set on 'zoom in and zoom out' (using spanish translation, that's my guess of the original option name). I launch XMP, disable high-quality zoom, view a couple images, and then set it again to 'zoom in and zoom out'. When viewing images after that last step, the high-quality zoom is still disabled.

Closing XMP and launching it again solves the problem. But that also means that everytime I need to disable the high-quality zoom, I know I'll have to restart XMP after re-enabling it to make it work.
helmut

Re: 0.85: high-quality zoom remains disabled after re-enabling it

Post by helmut »

I just tried to reproduce the problem but failed (same configuration as yours, i.e. XnView MP 0.85 64bit, Windows 7 64 bit).

Could you please describe your steps in some more detail? Do you use "Never" (span.: "Nunca") for disabling high quality zoom? Could you perhaps capture and post a screen video which shows the problem?
JMM72

Post by JMM72 »

Yes, I use 'never' for disabling high quality zoom. However the same happens if I set it to 'zoom out' so it's pixelated when zooming in; when I set it again to 'both' the full screen view remains pixelated, and I have to restart XMP to make it work again.

I'd post a video, but I don't think I have any desktop video capture program at hand, despite doing heavy-duty video compression often. Any free one you'd recommend?

Edit:
I'm so sorry. I forgot that I uninstalled 0.85 due to gif animations not working and I'm still using 0.84, not 0.85 as the bug report mistakenly says. Probably you can't reproduce the bug because 0.85 has it fixed (hopefully). Moderators, feel free to delete this thread, and sorry for wasting your time.
helmut

Post by helmut »

JMM72 wrote:... Edit:
I'm so sorry. I forgot that I uninstalled 0.85 due to gif animations not working and I'm still using 0.84, not 0.85 as the bug report mistakenly says. Probably you can't reproduce the bug because 0.85 has it fixed (hopefully). Moderators, feel free to delete this thread, and sorry for wasting your time.
No problem, JMM72. I've just changed the version number in your initial post and will check with 0.84 to see whether I can reproduce the problem there.
helmut

Re: 0.84: high-quality zoom remains disabled after re-enabling it

Post by helmut »

Assuming that the problem is fixed I close this bug report (without having reproduced the problem in 0.84 assuming.) Please post here in case the problem should still occur in 0.86.

:arrow: Closed