It seems that resolving a bug (viewtopic.php?f=62&t=30823) is now leading to a new issue:
Have 2 files. 1 with some categories applied, one with no category applied.
Now you want to add the same categories from one file to another file.
What you did until then is you mark both files. In the assigned section you could see the assigned categories, click them and they were assigned to all files selected.
Now after the bug fix, clicking an assigned categoriy removes them from all files and even remove the category from the assigned list. So even if you want to re-assign the category you can't because it has gone.
That was a bad fix. Why was it changed? It was pretty clear from the state of the category tag (bold, italic) if a category had been assigned or not.
Before removing the category tag from the assigned list it should assign to selected files. And only after that when it is clicked again it should remove. Preferrably it would not drop but indicate through normal font or grey font that is is not active.
It should go like this:
1 or more files with no category assigned:
1. Select file
2. Select tag from category pane
3. Category appears in assigned section
4. Category turns bold to indicate is has been assigned to the file selected
5. Clicking on bold category turns category to normal or grey font to indicate the category has been removed from the file
6. Category remains in assigned section in normal font or grey so that re-tagging is possible in case of accident
1 or more files with no category, 1 or more files with categories
1. Select both files
2. Assigned section shows all categories in italic to indicate that these are assigned not to all files
3. Clicking tags in assigned sections assigns them to all selected files and turn bold
4. Clicking again removes the category from all files, font turns normal or grey to indicate that no file is assigned
5. Tag remains in assigned section to re-tag in case it was removed by accident
1 or more files with categories assigned
1. Select files
2. In assigned section the tags show bold to indicate that they are assigned to all selected files
3. Clicking a tag removes it from selected files, font turns normal or grey to indicate that no file is assigned to it
4. Tag remains in assigned section to allow re-tagging in case of accidental removal.
The way it is now is terrible and confusing.
*** Please report new bugs here! ***
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest