Check converted file exists BEFORE outputing converted file

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

crimsonfin

Check converted file exists BEFORE outputing converted file

Post by crimsonfin »

Hi

First of all I just wanted to say that having just downloaded this software I am HUGELY impressed by its features and how easy it is to use so congratulations to all involved.

I am currently using XnConvert to create a mirrored folder copy of my entire photo library at a 70% original size to a backup disk. Something along the lines of :

c:\My_Photo_Library\[lots of sub folders]
[XnConvert is used to convert/copy all photos in above folder at 70% reduced size to the mirrored folder structure below ...]
d:\Backups\My_Photo_Library\[lots of sub folders]

I'm using the "When output file already exists" -> "Skip" option on the "Output" tab to stop re-creating images which I have already created for backup. I've noticed that the conversion takes approx the same amount of time to run each time. This suggests to me that xNConvert is converting each image in my library before checking to see if the image exists in the output/backup destination.

If this is the case my suggestion would be for XnConvert to check to see if the output file exists BEFORE it converts it. This would make the entire procedure massively faster since it would only actually have to convert any images which I had added to my library after my initial mirror copy was setup.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks