Does XnConvert utilize multi cores to process?

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

lostcpu

Does XnConvert utilize multi cores to process?

Post by lostcpu »

In my memory XnConvert did utilize both cores of T7200 CPU of my Dell D630 notebook. @32bit win7 english version.
but I found that XnC only utilize 1 core of 4800MQ of my new W540 notebook. @64bit win7 english version. because I found that the cpu percentage is under 25% when Canvas resizing 400 jpeg files, 2mb-4mb each.

Is there any bug in this situation?

or XnC just reached the maximum CPU process capacity it needs that even only 1 core is enough, so it just let that rest 3 cores rest?
If yes, Can it be possible to use the rest 3 cores by process extra 1 file each core to make all the rest 3 cores work simultaneously, like runing 3 extra threading of XnC by the program itself?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Does XnConvert utilize multi cores to process?

Post by xnview »

for some operations (like resize, rotate, filter, ...) it uses all core
Pierre.
lostcpu

Post by lostcpu »

xnview wrote:for some operations (like resize, rotate, filter, ...) it uses all core
then can it be possible to use the rest 3 cores by process extra 1 file each core, to make all the rest cores work simultaneously launched by the program itself?
as you know the extra file processed by extra core is nothing to do with the first file and first core.

As I know when foobar2000 converting audio files, it only uses 1 core for 1 file, but does use as many cores as it can when processing more files simultaneously, it's very easy to accomplish and effective for multi core cpu

and when resizing, the cpu is only around 50% working (4 cores 8 threading with hyper-threading), if possible, launching another threading of XnC to process the second half list will maximize the cpu utility percentage.
onurzaim

Post by onurzaim »

Hello,

Today when I converted over 200 photos I observerd 40% of CPU was consumed. For batch processing I suggest we can have multiple file proccessing.

Regards