Same size conversion

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

karryp

Same size conversion

Post by karryp »

When I try to convert a "Raw" file by changing File Info, the result seems to be a smaller size image (eg from 3400 x 2236 becomes something like 1266 x 1024). How do I convert and maintain the original file size ?
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: Same size conversion

Post by XnTriq »

You have to change the setting for Camera RAW (Tools » Options... » View » Misc.) to Full size.
karryp

Post by karryp »

Sorry - I am missing something. Please where do I find Camera Raw - Tools - Options etc to alow me to make a change ? ( The version of XnConvert I am using is earlier than 1.71 because my system is Windows Vista). I have seen Camera Raw in the Output section but I cannot see whetere these brealk down into other categories.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

karryp wrote:Please where do I find Camera Raw - Tools - Options etc to allow me to make a change ? ( The version of XnConvert I am using is earlier than 1.71 because my system is Windows Vista). I have seen Camera Raw in the Output section but I cannot see where these break down into other categories.
Ah, you are using XnConvert...

This is the setting in a recent XnConvert version:
XnConvert_1.png
XnConvert_2.png
XnConvert_2.png (13.56 KiB) Viewed 1839 times
Are you sure you can't run the latest version under Vista, you should know but I'm not sure without checking?
The version of XnConvert I am using...
Please post XnConvert questions in the XnConvert section of the forum! :wink:
karryp

Post by karryp »

Thanks - did you feel that I should be using another piece of software better than XnConvert ?
Mixer
Banned

Post by Mixer »

cday wrote:Are you sure you can't run the latest version under Vista, you should know but I'm not sure without checking?
Just for those who are curious, XnConvert 1.71 from zip for Windows 32 bit works in Windows XP. It would be strange if it couldn't run in Vista and up (I'm too lazy to try it in 7 and 10).