XnConvert doesn't work

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

paola

XnConvert doesn't work

Post by paola »

I've downloaded XnConvert, I can upload the file, use the function active but at the end when I click on convert it doesn't run. I tried with different type (PCD and Jpg). I'm using a mac . Paola
cday
XnThusiast

Re: XnConvert doesn't work

Post by cday »

paola wrote:I've downloaded XnConvert, I can upload the file, use the function active but at the end when I click on convert it doesn't run. I tried with different type (PCD and Jpg). I'm using a mac . Paola
I'm not aware of any problem with XnConvert on the Mac, so the problem is possibly with one of your settings, Paola.

Could you load a JPEG and then upload screenshots of the Input, Actions, Output and Settings tabs, and the Status tab after clicking on 'Convert' ?

Edit: You have posted under the NConvert section of the forum, so your post will eventually be moved.
paola

Post by paola »

cday wrote:
paola wrote:I've downloaded XnConvert, I can upload the file, use the function active but at the end when I click on convert it doesn't run. I tried with different type (PCD and Jpg). I'm using a mac . Paola
I'm not aware of any problem with XnConvert on the Mac, so the problem is possibly with one of your settings, Paola.

Could you load a JPEG and then upload screenshots of the Input, Actions, Output and Settings tabs, and the Status tab after clicking on 'Convert' ?

Edit: You have posted under the NConvert section of the forum, so your post will eventually be moved.

Here the screenshot
Attachments
This is the uploading, regular
This is the uploading, regular
This  is the operation
This is the operation
this is the result after clicking convert, this is the answer for every operations
this is the result after clicking convert, this is the answer for every operations
paola

Post by paola »

Sorry, the did a are in the wrong order
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Thanks, could you also please upload a screenshot of the Output (Destinanzione) tab.

Could you also try disabling each action in turn, to try to determine if a particular action is the problem:

Image_1.png
If you have used XnConvert before successfuly and have now upgraded to 1.71, you might also try testing in the previous version.

[Edited]
paola

Post by paola »

cday wrote:Thanks, could you also please upload a screenshot of the Output (Destinanzione) tab.

Could you also try disabling each action in turn, to try to determine if a particular action is the problem:

The attachment Image_1.png is no longer available
If you have used XnConvert before successfuly and have now upgraded to 1.71, you might also try testing in the previous version.

[Edited]
I never used XnConvert before, I just downloaded it some days ago, and in every operation (Action, destination etc) the problem is when I click on convert. I need to convert old file PCD but I tried also with normal jpg and it doesn't work
Here the other screenshot
Thank you Paola
Attachments
Schermata 2015-12-06 alle 14.37.22.png
Schermata 2015-12-06 alle 14.36.59.png
Schermata 2015-12-06 alle 14.36.37.png
Schermata 2015-12-06 alle 14.36.23.png
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

On the Destinazione tab you want to save the new file as a TIFF? And have you selected Impostazione settings?

Could you also test without Preserva profilo colore enabled to see if that is relevant...

And if necessary could you also try saving the new file as a JPEG...
paola

Post by paola »

cday wrote:On the Destinazione tab you want to save the new file as a TIFF? And have you selected Impostazione settings?

Could you also test without Preserva profilo colore enabled to see if that is relevant...

And if necessary could you also try saving the new file as a JPEG...
I tried only an experiment, converting Jpeg in tiff, but also only an action, putting a frame, and never works convert
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

paola wrote:I tried only an experiment, converting Jpeg in tiff, but also only an action, putting a frame, and never works convert
O.K, could you please place the original JPEG (and your TGA if you like) in a ZIP and upload the ZIP, so that I can test the files...
paola

Post by paola »

cday wrote:
paola wrote:I tried only an experiment, converting Jpeg in tiff, but also only an action, putting a frame, and never works convert
O.K, could you please place the original JPEG (and your TGA if you like) in a ZIP and upload the ZIP, so that I can test the files...
I guess it doesn't belong to the file, but to some setting of the software
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

paola wrote:I guess it doesn't belong to the file, but to some setting of the software
Possibly, but I haven't identified any problem with your settings so far; I did wonder if the colour profile of your file might be the problem, with possibly a different problem for the TGA file. Or possibly an issue specific to the Mac.

An alternative test: could you please download the attached JPEG and test with that using, for example, just a simple 90º rotation and saving as a JPEG first.
Attachments
Test_JPEG.jpg
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

do you use the version from Apple Store or from my website?
Pierre.