Rename if target exists does NOT work with Delete Original

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

BloodyRain2k

Rename if target exists does NOT work with Delete Original

Post by BloodyRain2k »

I just found out the hard way that XnConvert's rename function in case the target exists does NOT rename the new output file and instead just overwrites an existing file but this only happens if Delete Original is also selected.

I've been using XnConvert to convert and move the screenshots from Elite Dangerous because for some reason they thought it'd be a great idea to save them in bmp.
So I've set XnC up to convert the screenshots, save them then into my normal screenshot folder and then delete the original.

And now I've found out that it didn't rename the new output files when the names clashed but instead just overwrote them. The moment I turned Delete Original off did it start renaming the new output files if there was already one with that name in the target directory. That's a rather critical bug.

I also tried to attach my config for that setup but it seems that uploading doesn't allow a single useful extension for that, xbs, xml and txt were all denied, so I'll paste it here directly instead.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><XnView_script version="1.0" name="Elite">
    <Output folder="D:/Files/Fraps/Screens/Elite Dangerous" filename="{Filename}" case="0" format="JPEG">
        <Options overwrite="3" orgDate="true" keepMeta="false" keepICC="false" keepFolder="false" keepParentFolder="false" delOrg="true" multipage="false" allPages="false" openExplorer="false" openBrowser="false" clearItems="true"/>
        <JPEG quality="97" progressive="false" optimizeHuffman="false" rebuildThumb="true" orgQuality="false" DCTMethod="2" subSampling="2" smoothFactor="0"/>
    </Output>
</XnView_script>

I'd also like to ask for folders being able to be added as non hot loads, as in you add a folder for the profile but instead of constantly checking for new files and then processing them it would load them when you hit the convert button, for which that would need to be enabled regardless of images being already loaded for processing or not as this could always add some and it would of course need to not break should you press the button and there are none to process in which case it should just do nothing.
Debian 12 x64 - XnViewMP 1.6.2 x64
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Rename if target exists does NOT work with Delete Origin

Post by xnview »

right, if target exists, it need to use the overwrite setting
Pierre.