Drag & Drop doesn't work

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

mtg45

Drag & Drop doesn't work

Post by mtg45 »

Well this is weird. Just finished installing Win 10 on a new PC, downloaded the newest XnConvert (1.73 atm), and drag & drop doesn't work. Any idea what might be the issue?

I'm using the 64bit portable version.

Dunno if it's the new version or something else. Would try comparing it to the older one, but you don't seem to provide download links to older versions, and I deleted my old one.

UPDATE:

Well, this is even weirder. Tried downloading 32bit version, and drag & drop works there. So the issue is only in 64bit version.

I guess I'm gonna just use the 32bit for now.

UPDATE 2:

Gets weirder! I guess it has nothing to do with 32/64 bit.

Same two 32bit portable binaries. D&D in one works, the other doesn't. The only difference I can see is the location (each in a different folder). Permissions, ownership, compatibility mode, and everything else the same.

I'm clueless now.

Update 3:

I've tried deleting everything containing "xnconvert" from registry, than restarting, and it works now. The xnconvert.exe still has the shield icon on it which I can't get rid of (apart of renaming the containing folder, upon which it disappears), but the D&D works now at least.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: Drag & Drop doesn't work

Post by XnTriq »

mtg45 wrote:Dunno if it's the new version or something else. Would try comparing it to the older one, but you don't seem to provide download links to older versions, and I deleted my old one.
Older versions are still available on the download server.