asif62000

Re: Go folders and subfolder recursively and convert

Post by asif62000 »

if you could tell me your email address I can send the file to you
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

asif62000 wrote:if you could tell me your email address I can send the file to you
I'm not really the best person to inspect the file as there are members who know much more than I do about file formats and corrupted files; posting the file would be the best solution but if the file is confidential I understand the problem. And sending files by email doesn't always work as the format may be blocked or the file too large.

Do you know the file extension and file size?

If the file has an unusual extension and may need a plug-in to open it, you could try installing the XnView (Classic) Extended version that has a full set of plug-ins and see if that program will open it; if it does you may need to install an additional plug-in in XnConvert and may have to use the 32-bit version.
asif62000

Post by asif62000 »

file size is 1.27 MB (1,334,650 bytes)
asif62000

Post by asif62000 »

file information
file
file
Capture03.PNG (12.84 KiB) Viewed 1716 times
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

I don't immediately understand why no file extension is shown, as you've said before, yet the filesize is known.

If the file isn't confidential you could try putting it in a ZIP archive and then upload it...
asif62000

Post by asif62000 »

here we go zipped file. I need to convert and open in windows photo viewer ONLY
10DE00009A_2.zip
zip file
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Your mysterious file without an apparent extension is described as 'Old-style JPEG (in TIFF) - 3 pages' in another software, I'm in the library at the moment and don't know immediately whether that file can be opened in XnView software, but at least it is some progress...
asif62000

Post by asif62000 »

i want to convert using XN View keep as it is on original format (not .jpg or Tiff or anything else)
if you open the file in Windows photo viewer get error but if you convert (keep original format) using (XnConvert Version 1.55 - windows (Mar 4 2013) - Libformat version 6.33)i you will be able to open.

see picture KEEP ORIGINAL FORMAT
format
format
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Yes, your sample file can be opened in XnConvert 1.73, with a preview shown on the Input tab.

The settings you've posted above would normally only result in the existing files being overwritten with similar files, but doing a quick test on your sample file with those settings and no actions set, it is converted to a [slightly larger] TIFF file with an extension. [And interestingly, the resulting TIFF file can be viewed in XnView software, but not in the 'other' program that identified and could view the sample file you posted...]

So, is your question simply how to obtain recursive processing of your files using XnConvert (rather than XnView Classic, for example, in the screenshot you posted today)? My quick test yesterday suggested that if on the Input tab you add the parent folder for your files, all the images in the lower level folders will be loaded and processed automatically, so could you try again with XnConvert 1.73 and see if you can figure out how to obtain that result...
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

As it turns out, we're dealing with Kofax's implementation of TIFF with JPEG compression.
XnView MP v0.83 wrote:

Code: Select all

File
Filename                   10DE00009A_2.TIF
Filepath                   X:\Test\
Description                TIF Image
File size                  1.49 MiB (1.561.535)
Creation date/time         08.04.2016 - 17:19:44
Modified date/time         08.04.2016 - 17:19:44
Accessed date/time         08.04.2016 - 17:19:44
Rating                     0
Colour Label               0
File's icon                shimgvw.dll,4

Format                     TIFF (jpeg)
Width                      1728
Height                     2840
Dimension                  4.9 Mpixels
# of bits                  24
Color model                RGB
DPI                        200 x 200
Print size                 21.94x36.07 cm, 8.64x14.20 inches
Compression                JPEG
Images/frames count        3
Origin                     Top-Left

Extra info
PhotometricInterpretation 6
PlanarConfiguration       1
SamplesPerPixel           3
DateTime                  2010:07:20 15:06:34
Software                  Kofax standard Multi-Page TIFF Storage Filter v3.03.000
Unfortunately, Windows Picture and Fax Viewer doesn't like JPEG-compressed TIFFs.
Wikipedia (Windows Photo Viewer » [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Photo_Viewer#Evolution]Evolution[/url]) wrote:Windows Picture and Fax Viewer was also capable of viewing multi-page TIFF files, (except those that employ JPEG compression) as well as annotating the TIFF files.
If the goal is to make these TIFFs compatible with Microsoft's viewer, resaving them with a different compression would indeed make sense.

Fortunately for us, XnConvert doesn't rely on the filename extension to recognize a format. However, files without extension aren't categorized as images…
xnview ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=105188#p105188]Converting multiple vector images into JPEG[/url]) wrote:yes, 'add folder' add only images not all files...
The only way is to use in xnViewMP, recursive display, select all and batch convert
… which is why they are ignored by the Add folder... command.

See also: How to scan subfolders?