XnConvert context menu problem in Windows 10?

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

sdan

XnConvert context menu problem in Windows 10?

Post by sdan »

I love what the XnView team has created. I recently discovered that XnShell does a lot of what I was looking for, as well.

But in experimenting with XnConvert a little bit, I realized that one of the big options it includes that is not present in the batch convert functionality of XnView is the "Add 'Convert with XnConvert' to context menu" option.

However, it's not clear to me what this feature does, and I suspect it may not be working properly at the moment:

context menu - XnConvert forum
Context Menu "Convert with XnConvert" broken on Windows 10 - XnConvert forum

Perhaps the XnView software is simply more up to date which is why it's been removed from there. I didn't find the answer to this question by searching the forums but it may be there somewhere.

I was wondering what this feature is supposed to do, how it differs from XnShell, whether it's working right now, and/or whether there are plans to reinclude it in either XnView or XnConvert.

Thanks to the team who has created all this great software. I appreciate it.

Dan
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnConvert context menu problem in Windows 10?

Post by xnview »

this option add 'Convert with XnConvert' in the context menu of windows explorer when you right click on an image file
Pierre.
rjfecteau

Post by rjfecteau »

I am using win 7 64-bit and even though xnconvert shows that I have enabled the Convert with Xnconvert option nothing shows in the explorer right-click menu.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

rjfecteau wrote:I am using win 7 64-bit and even though xnconvert shows that I have enabled the Convert with Xnconvert option nothing shows in the explorer right-click menu.
on folder or image?
Pierre.
longnha

Post by longnha »

Followed up as I've the same issue, on both folder and images. Is it a bug?

Thanks.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

longnha wrote:Followed up as I've the same issue, on both folder and images. Is it a bug?
Do you had started XnConvert with admin rights to change the setting?
Pierre.
longnha

Post by longnha »

I closed the program and run again as admin. Now I can see "Convert with XnConvert" when right click on the folder. But when I open the folder, select all images and right click, the menu does not show up. Is it normal behavior?

Thanks.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

longnha wrote:I closed the program and run again as admin. Now I can see "Convert with XnConvert" when right click on the folder. But when I open the folder, select all images and right click, the menu does not show up. Is it normal behavior?
yes currently only on folder
Pierre.