Converting multipage files

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

bdragon

Converting multipage files

Post by bdragon »

At this moment the behaviour is that if i choose t o convert a large number of files to a single format it will try to convert multipage files to the choosen format. Resulting in interruptions if the new format dose not support multipage as it tries to convert every single page as a different file and ask me to rename each file "by hand" (autorenamed but asks for the renaming of each single page... So yeah.)

I would like to ask for a different behaviour:
- if a multipage file is encountered jump it and then ask at the end of the conversion what to do with it. If to leave it as it is or to convert in a different format. And if by any chance at that point i choose to export each page do not ask for confirmation for each lpge and just autorename them.

Also if the option to delete the original file is selected please do not delete it until i have made my choice as above stated, naturally.

Possibly this could be a desired behaviour also for other errors. In the other hand: ask at the end. So that the work is not interrupted and i don't come back to an unfinished work but to an almost finished one with just a few manual choices to do.

Or even add an option to choose from the current behaviour to the one i suggested. Some people might like it as it is right now

I would also ask for a new option:
- once the "try to convert multipage files as multipage" let me select which format that supports multipage it should use as to automate that section. Possibly not only in the case the current format does not support multipage. I might prefer a different format for whatever reasons.

Thabk you for listening.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: Converting multipage files

Post by XnTriq »

bdragon wrote:Or even add an option to choose from the current behaviour to the one i suggested. Some people might like it as it is right now

I would also ask for a new option:
- once the "try to convert multipage files as multipage" let me select which format that supports multipage it should use as to automate that section. Possibly not only in the case the current format does not support multipage. I might prefer a different format for whatever reasons.
I support this request.