How to make default "Auto Image Size > Fit image to window"?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

cadu

How to make default "Auto Image Size > Fit image to window"?

Post by cadu »

Hi,

I would appreciate help (v.0.81):

I would like to make "Auto Image Size > Fit image to window, large only" the default preview option when in Full Screen or View modes. Is it possible?

I can set the default behavior in Browse Mode (by using the right click menu on the image). If I set this option in Browse it is kept forever. However, when I open an image direct in Full Screen or View modes, the preview is always reset automatically to "fit image to window". I would like to avoid this behavior by setting a default option that can't change automatically (Fit image to window, large only).

Thanks for help,
Cadu
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: How to make default "Auto Image Size > Fit image to wind

Post by XnTriq »

cadu

Post by cadu »

Thanks!
XnView MP 0.82 beta 3 solved my issue.
Marsu42

Post by Marsu42 »

Using 0.82 final on Win x64, this doesn't work for me:

I can set "Auto Image Size: Fit Image to Window" in Settings alright, but it's ignored and images opened through the Browser of command line always come up with "Auto Image Size -> No fit" ... the same behavior of 0.81 and before. How do you people manage to persuade XnViewMP to adhere to the new Setting?!
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Marsu42 wrote: I can set "Auto Image Size: Fit Image to Window" in Settings alright, but it's ignored and images opened through the Browser of command line always come up with "Auto Image Size -> No fit" ... the same behavior of 0.81 and before. How do you people manage to persuade XnViewMP to adhere to the new Setting?!
I've tried, in Settings>view>Auto Image Size, i set 'Fit image to window', in browser i open a picture file, and it's correct. not for you?
Pierre.
Marsu42

Post by Marsu42 »

xnview wrote:
Marsu42 wrote: I can set "Auto Image Size: Fit Image to Window" in Settings alright, but it's ignored and images opened through the Browser of command line always come up with "Auto Image Size -> No fit" ... the same behavior of 0.81 and before. How do you people manage to persuade XnViewMP to adhere to the new Setting?!
I've tried, in Settings>view>Auto Image Size, i set 'Fit image to window', in browser i open a picture file, and it's correct. not for you?
Nope, not for me :-\ ... Thanks for trying to reproduce, I'll re-try over her with a clean ini or clean user profile, this is really tiresome :-o
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

do you have tried with a clean .ini? Or send me your xnview.ini
Pierre.
AngryUser

Post by AngryUser »

Same problem here.

I tried so many different hings now, but its just impossible to make the programm rememeber my desired "Fit Image to...." setting as default.
It always jumps back to what the program was installed with.

Also, hotkey using is not an option for me. I need this option as a default or its not usefull or time effective.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

do you use 'lock zoom'?
Pierre.
AngryUser

Post by AngryUser »

xnview wrote:do you use 'lock zoom'?
I dont use "Lock Zoom" and I tried some combinations right now but it doesent help and is also not connected to the problem.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

AngryUser wrote:
xnview wrote:do you use 'lock zoom'?
I dont use "Lock Zoom" and I tried some combinations right now but it doesent help and is also not connected to the problem.
send me your xnview.ini?
Pierre.