Allow wider field for filename in Status Bar

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

C1879

Allow wider field for filename in Status Bar

Post by C1879 »

I've seen several requests to add more fields to the status bar. That would be great. But I have a specific request.

Some of the file names of my photos are quite long. The file name on the status bar appears with an ellipsis in the middle of the name. (e.g., "2016-05-03-Alaska-Glacier-...Park") It'd be cool if If I could configured that field to be wider.
Hugh TasH

Re: Allow wider field for filename in Status Bar

Post by Hugh TasH »

I agree.

I use 4K resolution 65" TV as a monitor, therefore I have a really long status bar that I'd like to fill with some useful information about image files.

However, there seems to be a character limit on how long the info text string can be in the status bar, therefore the status bar remains half empty, despite the fact that there are more text to show.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

IMHO there shouldn't be a discussion about this: it is obvious:

Since the filename is by far the most variable (in length) field from all the fields shown in the status bar, this field should be the last one and it should occupy the entire space till the right margin of the monitor.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
helmut

Post by helmut »

m.Th. wrote:Since the filename is by far the most variable (in length) field from all the fields shown in the status bar, this field should be the last one and it should occupy the entire space till the right margin of the monitor.
I agree: Filename is the only field that has a very variable length and which can be truncated if needed (filename is shown in the tab unless you don't use tabs). Field sizes of other values should never decrease unless the dialog is really too small in width for displaying.