Where's "Minimize" button for minimizing program window?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

sasko1

Where's "Minimize" button for minimizing program window?

Post by sasko1 »

Hello!

I am desperate in this and it seems or I am looking at the wrong place or it does not exists. What I'd like to find is the simple feature for the viewer, to have "minimize" button, like any other program or explorer has.
Something like this:

Does this exist on XnViewMP? I am looking for this for days now and can't find. :|

Thanks
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Where's "Minimize" button for minimizing program window?

Post by xnview »

you have minimize button already
Pierre.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

sasko1 wrote:What I'd like to find is the simple feature for the viewer, to have "minimize" button, like any other program or explorer has.
xnview wrote:you have minimize button already
Which operating system, and XnView MP version?

Could you post a screenshot of what you're [not] seeing...
sasko1

Post by sasko1 »

I am using win10 and XnView MP Version 0.83 x64 (Oct 3 2016) Libformat version 6.92

Somehow in viewer (fullscreen) mode, screenshot is not working.

Maybe I did not explain very good. I'd like to minimize "fullscreen" mode of viewer.

I set up that my images open in fullscreen mode when I double click them. But in that fullscreen mode on Toolbar, there is nothing to minimize or close the view. I added button "quit", so I can quit fullscreen mode since I don't want to do "Esc" all the time. So far so good. But sometimes, I'd like to minimize this fullscreen mode, like in old Vindows viewer, but I can't. The only option is to quit it. :?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

sasko1 wrote:What I'd like to find is the simple feature for the viewer, to have "minimize" button, like any other program or explorer has.
sasko1 wrote:Maybe I did not explain very well. I'd like to minimize "fullscreen" mode of viewer.

I set up that my images open in fullscreen mode when I double click them. But in that fullscreen mode on Toolbar, there is nothing to minimize or close the view. I added button "quit", so I can quit fullscreen mode since I don't want to do "Esc" all the time. So far so good. But sometimes, I'd like to minimize this fullscreen mode, like in old Vindows viewer, but I can't. The only option is to quit it. :?
You want to use the mouse to minimise XnView MP when viewing an image full screen, you have the option Tools > Settings > Fullscreen -- Show toolbar set, and you wish to be able to use Tools > Settings > Interface > Toolbar -- View mode to add an icon to the the toolbar that minimises the program? The usual 'minimise' symbol '–', for example?
sasko1

Post by sasko1 »

yes! Sorry for not explaining well, English is not my native language. It is hard to write. :)

Yes, I'd like to be able to minimize fullscreen mode with my mouse. But I just can't find the right icon to put it there. I found "quit" command which works well already, but I need also "minimize" button.
sasko1

Post by sasko1 »

Anyone? :(

Or maybe this can be request for future release?

Thanks
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

sasko1 wrote:Or maybe this can be request for future release?
I suggest you start a new thread under the XnView MP - Suggestions forum heading asking for a way to minimise the program while in full screen view using the mouse, such as an icon on the toolbar when the option to display it is enabled. Or possibly a new mouse left-click / right-click or other settings option, if it doesn't conflict with another mouse action you need??

That would give maximum prominence to your request, and Pierre could then see how much support there is for the idea, and consider supporting it...

UPDATE

The following new XnView MP - Suggestions thread has now been created:

Way to minimise program in full screen using mouse